Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1994 Ski Nautique - Holley Carburetor

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
johnlcrowe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlcrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1994 Ski Nautique - Holley Carburetor
    Posted: September-08-2014 at 7:02am
Thanks for all the advice, a buddy of mine that I ski with (who seems to be very knowledgeable) said it was the Carburetor. But I think I will have a mechanic look at it first before dump a bunch of money into the Carburetor.

Thanks
mtguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mtguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2014 at 12:19am
A friend has a Supra about the age of Nautique with a PCM and he rebuilt carb and was having a hell of a time tweaking it out, especially when warm... Found out it was a coil that would go out when the motor got hot, so one of the plugs would go out. Solved the problem for him.
I don't have the motor knowledge most of these guys do, so take with a couple grains of salt..maybe on the rim of a tequila glass!
'95 SN

'53 Hutchuck

'56 Essaness Craft
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 6:27pm
a front metering block clean up wouldn't hurt either!

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
phatsat67 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phatsat67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 9:54am
Check for vacuum leaks. Classic symptoms include stalling if the idle is too low and inability to bring the idle down.

Once you confirm you have no leaks anywhere and the ignition is in working order then hop on and grab a carb.

Always a wonderful idea to install a new Fuel filter/water separator before you even hook up your fuel line.

How many hours does the boat have on it?

That is a 4160 and easily rebuildable if you are somewhat mechanical and or the boat doesn't have a ton of hours on it.
backfoot100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote backfoot100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 9:53am
It's a 4160. Not sure why you would replace it. Have you tried rebuilding it?
Looks like you have a Pro Tec ignition on that. How do you know the carb is the issue and not the ignition? Have you done a tune up on it at all?
When people run down to the lake to see what's making that noise, you've succeeded.

Eddie
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 9:51am
Looks like a 4160 to me. Float bowls bolt in from the sides, where on the 4010 you need to remove the entire top of the carb to access them.

If you have access to a vacuum gauge you can adjust your idle mixture screws correctly and see if that alleviates your problem.

Have you checked for air leaks?

Choke plate appears to be too closed when cold as well. Should be open about 1/8" when she's fully choked.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlcrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 9:32am
Ok, that helps some. Here are some pictures of the carburetor I am considering replacing.
My symptoms are: it is running really rough, surging and I cannot seem to to get the idle adjusted, either too fast or too slow

I cannot tell if it is the 410 or the 4160.

Thanks for the help
halfnelly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halfnelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 9:19am
My 94 Sport Nautique (351 Pro Boss carb) came with a Holley 4160 list# 80456-1, which is basically the same as the more readily available 80319-1. The list# number should be stamped on the choke horn.
SNobsessed View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SNobsessed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 9:05am
Call Zach at N3 Boatworks. He likes the new Quickfuel (Holley clone) which I think is a bit cheaper.
“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”

Ben Franklin
JPASS View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPASS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 8:46am
Our '92 came with a 4010. First pic is a 4010. Second is a 4160.

'92 Correctcraft Ski Nautique
Orlando76 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orlando76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 8:16am
Does yours have a single fuel inlet or dual? Single is a model 4160. The dual off the top of my head I forget but something like 4010. Somebody will chime in with the Dual.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnlcrowe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-04-2014 at 8:08am
I am considering replacing my Holley Carburetor on my 1194 Ski Nautique.
I am having difficulty finding the model so I can order one.

Does anyone have some advice?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic