NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Sideslide instruction Lane Bowers

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Sideslide instruction Lane Bowers
    Posted: September-21-2014 at 5:46pm
LaneDog

Raise the boom higher than the skier's head. Add a short rope that will still keep the skier from falling into the water (i.e. he can tumble out of it if he falls).

#1 Go into the side slide with the exact same lower body momentum that you would a front to back.

#2 turn your heels until they are the furthest facing edge of the foot, but maintaining your shoulder to the front.

I think it is helpful to get into the final position on land to get comfortable with where your feet are suppose to be.

#3 If you are SS to the left, the left foot is the most difficult and critcal foot to master, and vise versa. The dominant foot (above) needs to be turned just past 90 degrees in order to be able to keep the heel out of the water.

The front foot is the show foot. You can keep it almost perfectly sideways.

Tips: super soft knees, do not sit lower, learn it on shoe skis short and long line before trying it on your feet, aim for one-foot speed.

Good luck. I am hoping to do an article and DVD on all the differrent side slides later this year. You can see some of them on my YouTube site under "DawgTv"

I hope this helps. I had no one willing to help me or even give me one shred of advice so I am going to make sure that it is available so anyone who wants in on the party can get in. This is not an exclusive club!
This is the life
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-22-2014 at 10:28am
Just go at it like you would your front to back. We'll of course, I should have no problem with it now.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:25pm
Luckily its WAY "easier" to sideslide than to do a front to back. I think you could just say go at it with intensity and commitment to go 100%...dont be dabbling in it...just do it
This is the life
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-23-2014 at 11:30pm
Hardest part is learning that the weighted foot is not the one that youd think ...not the one that comes naturally....but once you get it glass water is even more fun than before. Im working on a sideslide wake crossing
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2014 at 7:08pm
WAAAYYY easier than any surface turn IMHO...either front to back or viceversa...

You can practice them directly of the boom... thats a big plus...

as you might have seen in my videos I started side sliding long ago, I now can do reverse side slide and switch blades...Im close to get the turns but they are not happening yet...

<a href="">1992 ski nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 2:17am
Kap...you can do a back to front...the key is to try to stay backwards after you release one hand...just freeze...Do Not Try to turn...resist any temptation to help the turn happen ...and bang you will be forwards...do it on shoes first
This is the life
kapla View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kapla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2014 at 4:29pm
I did it a couple of time either with shoes and without them, first attemp..wich is the one you don't think..then when you try again its not the same! lol
<a href="">1992 ski nautique
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic