NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Water pump id

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jbradford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Water pump id
    Posted: June-14-2015 at 7:53pm
I don't know where to look in the forum and I am sure it is there on how to id the water pump. This is off a 1975 ski nautique with omc 350 Chevrolet engine.   Any ideas, I need an impellor.
Jbradford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2015 at 7:54pm
The number on the pump is 315751. I googled it as a Sherwood and Omc pump and did not get any results
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-14-2015 at 11:47pm
Jon,
I did a search on the pump OMC used. Take a look at this thread You could also do some more searching since I do remember the impellers are still around.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2015 at 12:09am
I cant tell from that view if its the same pump that was on my Chevy 305 OMC. But if it is, it is a proprietary OMC pump which is NLA. I'm surprised in the other old thread that Pete linked to that Raindog said Depco had all the rebuild parts for it and rebuilt it. I sent mine to Depco and they send it back saying they didnt have the parts. The good news is, if all you need is an impeller, it is very much available because it is the same impeller used in OMC outboards. Unfortunately I can not give you a part number as I have not had the pump in a number of years (replaced it with a crank mount Johnson) I might have it written down somewhere but could not find it right now.
Jbradford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2015 at 12:17am
Thank you very much, It is a weird pump in the fact that it resembles a OMC outboard water pump. I just bought the boat and totally rewired it and now need to replace the carburetor as it is history and the impellor looks weak to me. I bought the boat pretty cheap as it would not run so I do not know if pump leaks but there are no corrosion signs saying it does so I assume if I can find the impellor I can make it work for a while. Ordering a Rochester carb tomorrow and then will know if pump leaks when installed.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2015 at 12:26am
Found it. Part number is in this thread. Assuming OMC used the same pump on the 350 as the 305, which I assume they did.

http://www.correctcraftfan.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=16997&KW=omc+impeller&title=1977-ski-tique-impeller

Mine had no visible signs of not working. If just didn't work.

Does this look like your pump (from the other side)

Jbradford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2015 at 12:30am
Perfect. Thank you I am going to order one and make this pump give out completely before spending 4 or 5 hundred on a new one
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2015 at 12:38am
In case it does die (or is dead) you can pick up a Crank mount for 130 - 150 ish.   good luck.
Jbradford View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jbradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2015 at 12:45am
What kind and how does it mount. May be the way to go instead of buying a impelloer for 45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic