Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2006 226 Alarm will not silence

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
2006 226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2006 226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2006 226 Alarm will not silence
    Posted: June-29-2015 at 4:58pm
Hello All:

I have a 2006 SANTE 226. Upon starting a warning "siren / sound" stays on from the cockpit area. The Perfect Pass display is not working correct, now either. We cannot silence the alarm, nor does any other display show as having an issue.

Any thoughts???

Brian in Wisconsin
BKP
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 5:16pm
What is the message in the LED window saying, low voltage, low fuel, etc.????
Have you checked all the connections at the Gateway Box???
Depth gauge have the "shallow water" alarm set to on??
2006 226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2006 226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 5:31pm

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE....

That is what's puzzling, there are no additional messages on any of the LED.

Connections in Gateway box? Meaning Fuse area?

Depth Gauge alarm can be silenced by pressing in the button and reset after 3 seconds. This similar to the beep when the boat starts and continues...
BKP
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 5:43pm
Try it at night or without any sunlight, may be easier to read. Gauge backlight should flash red and there should be a message indicating problem (low voltage, etc).
Gateway box may be in the trunk area, if you have pitots follow the water lines to the gateway. Underside of box will have numerous connections for Gauges, PP, etc.
Connectors will all be different shapes and can only be plugged in one way, be sure all connectors are fully inserted.
When you hear the alarm push the depth gauge silence to rule it out.
2006 226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2006 226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 5:48pm
OK. Will do.

I tried the Depth guage silence each time.

ill jump back on tomorrow
BKP
2006 226 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2006 226 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-29-2015 at 6:26pm
Since I have the gauge's, warning lights and limp mode to safeguard me (to a point)

Do you know if there is a way to "disconnect" the audible sound of the alarm?
BKP
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-30-2015 at 10:23am
You can temp silence the alarm by simultaneously pressing and holding the /\ up and \/ down arrow keys however I would really want to know what it is trying to tell me before disconnecting it al together.
If your shallow alarm is set to on I would turn that off to be sure that is not what you are hearing.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic