Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil in Water

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil in Water
    Posted: July-04-2015 at 6:15pm
We have a new long block 302 that we have added a new water pump and a different raw water pump. We had and different intake that we used and have taken off twice thinking that was culprit. Went back to original with no difference. So we are going to pull front cover to make sure we don't have an issue there. I am just trying to cover all bases before we point back to the new long block. Is it possible that the raw water pump is pumping to high of volume ?
Thanks,
Brian
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 6:16pm
Ok just realized that I should have typed water in oil!
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 6:33pm
No on the pump. Did you change exhaust manifold and risers?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 6:44pm
Using original exhaust manifolds that came off a 289. I'd that a problem
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 7:06pm
Yes they can be a problem. Have you pulled any spark plugs to see if any are wet? I'm no expert on bad manifolds but last year I had one go bad. Last April i ran the boat about 1/2 mile to the ramp. Oil was fine. Started it again in Septmber to warm up the oil to change it and found it all milkey. Pulled them off after taking a compression test which didn't prove anything. Saw a rust streak in one manifold which turned out to be the bad one. So it might be the next step to try
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 7:39pm
We have pulled plugs twice and looks good there. Have had exhaust manifolds off a couple times as well. Didn't see any evidence of issues with those but will reconsider.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-04-2015 at 8:47pm
I suppose you could have a leak in the timing cover area,water does pass thru it.
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic