Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

upholstery and new stripes

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
todd seaford View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todd seaford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: upholstery and new stripes
    Posted: December-04-2003 at 10:55pm
where can I buy new upholstery and new 2001 decals for a 1982 2001 nautique
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-05-2003 at 6:16pm
look up any of the cc dealers and see what kind of skins they have. any fabric/upholstery shop should be able to replicate your interior. i have heard good things about 'sunbrella' material and plan to go that route in time.

i would say you will have to get creative on the graphics, but check the dealers first.southeastcc,newenglandcc,midohiocc ect
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-08-2003 at 5:47pm
aquaskier.com has listings for boat lettering. see if anybody on the list can do the decals. i need the flag sheild and some other items after the gelcoat fiasco is done on the torino.
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2003 at 12:20pm
I got two new flag decals and Correct Craft "Since 1925" decals from SECC for about $3.50 each.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-09-2003 at 1:04pm
thanks keith. the guy that hand painted the cc's is still in business in orlando, but my mother did a fine touch up with the 200 year old can of rustoleum on the '72.

the torino has some ugly yellow, orange and brown stripes on the side. (the boat would fall apart if i pulled them off.) i am going to develop my photoshop skills and come up with a good color scheme. all white, two tone match the truck or a paragon theme.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 6:06pm
Tryan,
I was looking into repainting the stripe and lettering on my 79 SN and got the color nuber for the rustoleum paint from midwestCC. Do I need to scuff up the lettering or just dewax it before touching it up? And I'm assuming that the rustoleum paint is just standard enamal that I can get about anywhere or do I need to get a special type of rustoleum?
tryan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-05-2004 at 6:59pm
i have busted my butt to many times to put wax on the boat. i would just get the wax or any kind of silicone off or it will fisheye on you.

when i wet sanded the orange boat, i was real carefull around the lettering. even the cutting paste and polishing compound will take the letters off. just be carefull and don't let anyone 'help'.

i used some rustoleum stuff out of moms basement from the 70's. back when paint had all the good chemicals that the epa has now banned. i would have to cut back on the coffee for a few days to do as good of a job as she did.

Lakeview View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lakeview Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-17-2004 at 9:34am
For the adhesive decal people out there-pencil trace your old decal(ski tique,ski nautique,etc.)Find a good sign shop in your area that does computerized graphics.You'll get brand new decals alot less than CC charges.
Lakeview
1992 Barefoot Nautique
1967 Barracuda SS
1967 Chris Craft Cavalier
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic