NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

History of CorrectCraftFan.Com

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: History of CorrectCraftFan.Com
    Posted: September-07-2015 at 11:48pm
Keith Bagley, user name "Keith" started the site in October 2003. He had taken ownership of a relatives 79 Mustang and was looking for a good reference site for information, but found none. There had been a prior Correct Craft site, but it had gone out of business. I forget the name of it, certainly Keith would know. I joined in January 2004 (as user name "Larry") I found my Ski Tique through the site, when there was just a handful of listings. (and then changed my user name) It has grown steadily since then. Some highlights in the history include the start up of gatherings, the first big one was Green Lake in 06 or 07. That was followed by gatherings in New England then the River run in Florida every year, the one at Benjamins annually for a while and now on a biannual schedule, Lake norman every couple years. and many "mini's." Another highlight of the site was the custom built 2009 Nautique, correctcraftfan edition in Crush Orange. It was a spec boat with no owner, conceived of by Keith, he solicited input from the site for its design, and built though the cooperation of Adirondack Marine in NY and the factory. It came out as a killer boat.   Its debut weekend at Lake George in NY, it was purchased by ReidP, and later bought by Gregg Benjamin. Just a plug for Keith, he operates the site on his own free time and the support of a few sponsors but mostly through the support of "viewers like you" as the PBS stations say.

Im not an expert on all forums on the internet, but its hard to believe, based on what I read on a few others, that other sites have built the friendships that have been built here and the personal connections through so many formal gatherings and local get togethers. It is an impressive site and community. And once again, thanks to Keith for bringing us all together.
Captain Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-23-2015 at 1:54am
I was wondering about the History of CorrectCraftFan.com?
When did the Forum start?
Who's the founder and co-founder?
What was the forum like when it first started? To what it's like now?

I really am enjoying being on the forum. In the next year or two I'm looking into getting a Correct Craft. It would be a 1990 to 1993 Ski Nautique. I'm really starting to like the sloped transom more and more. It would be nice to have a boat to ski and wakeboard with. I would still go and cruise around the lakes as well. My current boat is up for sale. A performance boat that I have.

Live life to the fullest!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic