NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Barefoot Boom

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Barefoot Boom
    Posted: August-24-2015 at 7:54pm
So a lakehouse neighbor stopped by yesterday and gave me a couple barefoot booms.

One curved and One Straight. I would hazard a guess one was from his current malibu response and the other a late 90s TIGE.

Any chance I could use one of em on my Pro Air next season to teach my boy to ski?

I really don't know much about them so I don't know how boat specific they are and/or "if It fits, it works".

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-24-2015 at 8:54pm
Next season? It's August in Texas!

Both will likely work. If you have enough room to curve forward that will get you ahead and out of the boat side spray.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 12:29pm
Ha,   Helicopter-Mom is making me wait until next summer. He's learning to swim this summer so she thinks he needs a little time.. Plus our lake weekends are limited from here until after halloween since all my jerk friends decided to get married this summer.

We should be at the lake for labor day so i'll get both of them out of the barn and do some test fitting.
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by Treybizttu Treybizttu wrote:

So a lakehouse neighbor stopped by yesterday and gave me a couple barefoot booms.

Nice neighbor. Wish my neighbor did stuff like that.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 12:46pm
So instead of sweeping back to clear the windshield on the MCs and MBs, I like to sweep as far forward as possible without interfering with the windshield, exactly the opposite of what those booms were meant to do. skutch helped me swing a rear sweeping Bemman boom forward on a 176 and 88 BFN. Looks as though there is room on the Pro Air too.

I would probably go right into the forward sweeping mount, but you could also sweep it back, measure the distance behind the pylon, then see if you have that or more distance forward before hitting the windshield. Leg room is compromised for the corner observer but that's usually a wet seat anyway. Plenty of room in your boat.

You need a BI boom with a square end and holes drilled through both planes, as well as a button hole on the opposite side, all of which are doable if not already in place.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 12:51pm
Heck ya,

They are extremely nice people. About half of our neighborhood has been here for years, kids grew up together, etc....

My folks built our little log cabin when I was 8 and I turned 33 about a month ago. My folks actually retired down here, handed down the cabin to my siblings and I, and built their retirement place on the other side of our little 6 acre piece of texas.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-25-2015 at 12:55pm
Good Info HW.

It's hard to tell from the picture but from what I can remember the Sweeping Boom was drilled on both planes and square. I should be able to sweep forward or aft depending on what works best. I would prefer forward and I think I have the room between my windshield on the rear tower leg.

GlassSeeker View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GlassSeeker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-27-2015 at 8:09pm
Did you get the pylon mounts?...the black cables say newer improved boom ...no turnbuckles...should have a cable block to adjust cable length
This is the life
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic