Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Starts and quits immediately afterwards

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
austin08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Starts and quits immediately afterwards
    Posted: September-08-2015 at 5:39pm

I have a open bow 1995 GT40 HO Ski Nautique. When I try and start the engine It runs for about a second or two then quits immediately afterwards. I feel my problem with it is I'm not getting power from my Ignition switch purple wire down to my EEC relay when I turn the Ignition to on (pin 85 on the EEC relay). I have taken the instrument panel off to access the 10 point connector and measured for continuity from the 10 point connector down to pin 85 on the EEC system relay. I am baffled that I have an open circuit between the two points and I'm thinking I have a bad diode. the wiring diagram that I have shows that a purple wire goes from the ignition switch through A 10 point connector one diode and then to the EEC point 85 on the relay. I don't know much about diodes except that it allows current to flow one way but if it fails does it fail open or closed to allow current to flow. And I would love to test this diode to figure if it may be the problem if I knew where to look to find it. Any suggestions or thoughts on the matter would be great! Thanks Shane
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 6:10pm
have you ruled out a bad safety lanyard/kill switch?
austin08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote austin08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-08-2015 at 7:24pm

I will look into the kill switch to confirm if that is a problem. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic