NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wood Skis

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Treybizttu View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wood Skis
    Posted: October-26-2015 at 1:21pm
So we emptied out a family lakehouse this weekend and all of it came home with us...

Cue Sanford and Son Music*

Part of the booty were these wood skis.. Anybody identify anything fun or rare? The two pairs are in pretty sad shape but the single is nice. Unless they hold some historical significance they will become wall art in the boat barn.

TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2015 at 1:32pm
Nothing rare or valuable... But don't ruin them either. Be sure to mount them in a way that would allow them to be removed from the wall and skied on!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-26-2015 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by TRBenj TRBenj wrote:

Nothing rare or valuable... But don't ruin them either. Be sure to mount them in a way that would allow them to be removed from the wall and skied on!

That was the plan.... I've got some cool little aluminum clips we bent up that I use to hang up wakeboards in the barn as well. I'm going to make a slightly smaller version for these.

newscotty2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newscotty2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-14-2016 at 7:48pm
Google "water ski Adirondack chairs" I have plans to do this with several old pairs I've collected over the years. Great use for old skis that are in poor condition.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Treybizttu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 9:44pm
Originally posted by newscotty2001 newscotty2001 wrote:

Google "water ski Adirondack chairs" I have plans to do this with several old pairs I've collected over the years. Great use for old skis that are in poor condition.

Funny I never saw this post but that is what I did..... I'm finishing it up in the next few weeks. I've already got two wakeboard benches on the back porch.

bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2016 at 11:10pm
My mother's ski was a lam-pro. Very similar to that one. Hers had a lamb skin pad in the RTP. The spring loaded front binding was "technology" for its day.   Her's was also white, but appears to be longer than your example. Ski is probably mid 60s. BKH
Livin' the Dream

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic