Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Correct Craft Future ???

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
jon4pres View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jon4pres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Correct Craft Future ???
    Posted: June-06-2006 at 4:15pm
What do you guys think about the direction that CC is going?

A couple of things bother me.
1. The non use of CORRECT CRAFT on their boats. It almost seems that they have changed their name to nautique.
2. The funky shapes of the 211, 226, and 220. They look like runabouts and I like my ski boat to look like a ski boat. Recent rumors on planetnautique.com say that the 216 and 210 are on their way out (I have no idea if they are true or not) and that only leaves the 196 and 206 that look the way I think a boat should.
82 2001

jon4pres@gmail.com
Fort Scott Kansas
Bradley950 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bradley950 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 9:52pm
I have offen wondered why the Correct Craft name isn't put on the new boats. All the new nautiques need to go back to there roots with the shapes of the hull. Some people will probablly think this is just the older gen asking thease questions and wondering these things. Im only 22 years old, maybe its that my 76' was bought by my uncle brand new. I think I learned to walk in my boat! My boat and those like it are what I enjoy looking at and being in. They might not have all the bells and whistles, but the do what they were ment to do. They pull!!
Brad Miller
bradley950@yahoo.com
JEFF KOSTIS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JEFF KOSTIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 10:03pm
     I think the new 196 is sharp. Its the "sporty" look to me that made the difference. A good example is the slick, awesome look of the old racing stripes. Erase that, it it would look blah!!

Jeff..
jameski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jameski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 10:24pm
All the new CC's at the Atlanta Boat Show this year said "Correct Craft World Record Tow Boat" accross the stern. The 196 looks AWESOME! The graphics are somewhat 'retro'.
current boat
94 Sport Nautique
previous boat
78 Martinique
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2006 at 10:37pm
Just an observation but if I tell someone I have a Correct Craft they say "oh wow, isn't taking care of that mahogony a lot of work" If I say I own a Ski Nautique they know exactly what I 'm talking about.

It's just branding and Cc must feel that nautique on the side of their boats will sell better and besides it's still a Correct Craft.

Bradley, I love the old classics to, I spend a good deal of time just looking at mine tied up at the dock, they may go out of style but they'll never lack class. CC's line up of boats is just keeping up with what the buyers are demanding, they wouldn't be in business if they didn't keep up with the compet*tion and give the buyer what he wants.

I think if your a serious skier/boarder you've got to be in fairly new equipment to realy enjoy what your doing. If you want to hear the rumble and turn some heads you gotta own a classic. You look at the signatures on this site and there are lots of guys with more than one boat.

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 10:43am
When I went to NECC to pick up my boat, I saw a custom 2006 Ski Nautique 196. The customer who ordered the boat had the entire hull the color blue and a very classy Correct Craft logo attached to both sides of the hull, towards the stern. He didn't want the Ski Nautique graphics.

My opinion of the CC line up is that they're doing a great job staying up with the times. It's amazing how many choices consumers have. It's too bad that today's exhaust tone doesn't come close to the classic Nautiques of the past!

Ken
66Skylark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 66Skylark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 10:50am
I wrote to CC about 10 years asking why the CC name wasn’t as prominent on the newer boats. They responded and explained they chose to market the boats as “Nautiques by Correct Craft”. As evidenced by the decal on the side of the older (90's) boats, just before the stern.

I don’t think the CC name has ever disappeared from the boats entirely. They embroidered it on the seats for years and, as jameski pointed out, the new boats all have the CC decal on the back. Though there were a few years (2000-2005, if I’m not mistaken) were I think the CC name was only on a small decal on either side of the windshield…

The new 220 also has a small Correct Craft on the star that is part of the vents at the back of the boat.

I’m glad to see the new CC decals on the back of the boats. It is nice to see the CC name prominently displayed on the boats again.

Ken,
Anyone take a picture of that 196?

Was the CC logo the old chromed ‘coca cola script’ logo from the old boats or the new decal that is on the back of the boats?

I’d love to see what the old chromed ‘coca cola script’ logo from the old boats looks like on a new one!
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-07-2006 at 11:34am
I didn't get a picture. Maybe NECC has a picture on file. The CC logo was new style. It was sort of a thick, soft plastic. What a nice combination. Sort of reminded me of a classic Century inboard boat.

Ken
KyleT View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KyleT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2006 at 12:26am
in my opinion taking the 210 out would be suicide. it is a managable size boat that throws the best wakeboarding wake there is. hands down. the 220 is too big in my opinion, the wake obviously is nice too.
i know the new style of riding is out, but i like to go up high and hang. not float out into the flats.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic