Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heat Exchanger for closed loop cooling

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
JetDriver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JetDriver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 3:09pm
I moved from a lake to the Chesapeake bay. So I’ll be running in salt a lot. I have a dock but don’t have running water there. Is 2000’ from the house so a hose isn’t an option. I could drag it in barrels with the tractor but again a pain. I don’t have a ramp at the house either so in and out won’t work. It’s been sitting it the garage for two years because I keep coming to dead ends. So I appreciate all the help and insight.
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 3:33pm
Originally posted by nobrainsd nobrainsd wrote:

The raw water then flows to the heat exchanger

I believe standard routing is to go through the transmission oil cooler first, and then through the heat exchanger.

I converted to fresh water cooling a few years ago (documented here on CCF - posting from my phone so can't include the link right now). Looks like I got hold of one of the last upper thermostat housings.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 4:17pm
Yep, there is a transmission oil cooler inline there before the raw water pump. Was trying to clarify the basics for JetDriver. Easy to forget that cooler since it seems to be the only thing in my boat that I haven't had to deal with at any point... so far :) 
Haven't ever seen a full system with manifolds fresh water cooled unless in a really big boat. Are newer Nautiques with fresh water systems half systems or full? Just curious.

nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 5:35pm
Jetdriver,
I understand you have a unique situation. I was trying to minimize my water use during the drought here and contacted Salt Away. They suggested drawing water from one barrel with their product and then capturing the exhaust water. By recycling the flush water I could accomplish the task with a minimum of supply. Interesting concept. They claimed that I could reuse the water a few times, but weren't very specific. How many times could one re use the flush fluid? I dropped the idea and just focused on keeping my flush time short, but what looks to be effective. I always wait until I'm getting strong flow in bursts out the exhaust at idle.  Any flush is better than no flush. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic