Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Thermostat installation

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
youngunz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thermostat installation
    Posted: June-05-2016 at 4:59pm
Replacing the stuck thermostat in my Nautique with a GT 40 and it states to align the arrow in the direction of the radiator. Since I do not have a radiator I was wondering what align the arrow to.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2016 at 5:22pm
Nothing
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2016 at 5:39pm
Wouldn't he need to point it toward the lake since the lake has now taken the place of the radiator.
My radiator has 617 billion gallons.   Which every off-shore race boat is sucking on this week-end.
youngunz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youngunz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2016 at 5:51pm
Since I have no rad and the lake is my supply I am going to point it in the direction of the supply from my raw water pump which would be the same as pointing it in the direction of the supply from the radiator.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2016 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

Wouldn't he need to point it toward the lake since the lake has now taken the place of the radiator.
My radiator has 617 billion gallons.   

I hope it does not spring a leak Al
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2016 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by DrCC DrCC wrote:

My radiator has 617 billion gallons.   

I hope it does not spring a leak Al
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
tryathlete View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tryathlete Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2016 at 9:57pm
Just replaced mine this afternoon. Scraping off a 20 year old gasket was not fun and took about 30 minutes of scraping and emery cloth. It's leak free and runs at a perfect 160F now instead of 120F, surely now optimal for clean, efficient running.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic