Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wake Tower Speaker Install

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
david36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wake Tower Speaker Install
    Posted: March-06-2017 at 11:18am
Looking for some help on how to install tower speakers.
For a 2000 correct craft ski nautique with a factory tower

quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 1:04pm
Working from the top down, assuming speakers will be mounted on the rear crossbar, having the speaker wires exit the front crossbar is considerably easier, which is what I did. Speaker wire will fish down from there towards the port side and exit towards the inside of the tower tube just above the hinge point and then re-enter the lower leg of the tower from the inside of the tube adjacent to the hinge point, from there fish down and exit the forward tower foot. From that point to wherever your amp(s) are located.

Biggest challenge of the job is finding all the necessary components you will need,
- neutrik (or similar) connector at the speakers
- grommets for (4) tubing penetrations
- wire sleeving
- amp(s), wiring, connectors, etc.

I used some solid electrical wire as a fish tape in the tower and a step drill bit for the holes.

Will look for some pics to add of my install
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 1:36pm
Sorry for the rotated pics, no idea how to de-rotard them??

david36 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote david36 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 2:42pm
Thank You for the info
Donald80SN View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2017 at 5:15pm
David,

www.nautiqueparts.com, a site sponsor in White Lake NC has the big grommets that Chris spoke about. Use discount code PND to save 10%. Those grommets can handle a 12 gage wire very nicely. I have wired my tower twice now since I was not happy with the first try. My tower came drilled with only one tower leg drilled. So I ran two sets ( Left and right channel ) wire down the driver's leg. I also added an anchor light so I have three sets of wires trying to make it through the grommet. The grommet became deformed. So a few weeks ago, I pulled out the wire that took me so long to install and I drilled the other tower leg at the hinge. I then ran 12 gage speaker wire and man the larger wire was the trick to an easy threading job. I did it all in one hour where it took me a few days the other time with 14 or 16 gage JVC speaker wire. This time I used KnuKonceptz..com 12 marine speaker wire. It has a protective casing. One my tower, both front feet had holes in them to run the wire. You might not, and will likely not have a hole on both sides of your deck to run the wires through. You may need to remove the tower and drill the boat. Drill a pilot hole with a bit starting out backwards. Then you a one inch or so hole saw to cut through the desk. Replace the tower after you have run the wires on the ground if you do remove the tower.

Bottom line is the larger 12 gage Knukonceptz.com wire was soooooo much easier to fish through the tower. No fishing devices were needed to help. A large hole, the size of the white lake grommet also helped catch the end of the speaker wire and pull it out. I used a 9/16" drill bit for the hole. I started with smaller holes and worked up to the larger 9/16" bit. I found some 12 gage trolling motor plugs that I am going to use at my hinges. Just in-case I ever want just to remove the top of the tower. They are waterproof. I am using a similar type plug for the anchor light. I will attach some photos for your review.

Donald
1980 Ski Nautique SOLD Back to Cypress Gardens
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
1968 Ski Nautique, Project.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2017 at 5:33pm
2002 Sport Nautique, GT-40, FCT2, Cover Sports, Tower Bimini, Inc., Wet Sounds Audio System, Star Gazer Wake Edition S.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2017 at 7:27pm
Nice moving pad protection of the tower Tilley. Can you work on the landscaping some - I hear the HOA complaining already
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-08-2017 at 8:47pm
I'm wondering if he lights up the top for night dives?
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Nice moving pad protection of the tower Tilley.

Ha, those pads are yours. I ran in the garage to find something to protect the tower and there were your moving pads. Add it to the rental bill.

We have an HOA, but they have no authority. No one does what they are suppose to. . Last years drought killed my yard.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Donald80SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-12-2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

I'm wondering if he lights up the top for night dives?

Gary,

No lights just sound.

Donald
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic