Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

57 Correct Craft shaft/strut

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
57correctcraft View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57correctcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 57 Correct Craft shaft/strut
    Posted: June-02-2004 at 3:26am
Just found this forum, looks great, lots of interesting stuff. My problem...I inherited a '57 from my grandfather, since passed away. While doing some work on the bottom of the boat, removed everything, I seem to have missplaced the shaft/strut. I hope I am calling the big chunk of metal that bolts onto the bottom of the boat and holds the shaft in a stable possition the correct name. If I can't find where I put it for safe keeping, is there some place I can purchase a replacement? Will more modern parts be usable? What information would I need?, angle of shaft?, diameter I'm sure! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Jim
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2004 at 11:29am
hi jim ,call woody at southeast CC 407-851-1965 he's been in this a long time and i'm sure he could help u find a strut and strut bushing for the ol 57.on the shaft is it 1"x41" ? secc i paid $350 then found em for $200 at delta prop 877-238-8214 or i have a good used one $100.read into engine alignment procedures on this site,it is critical.when you get the strut & shaft bolted in place then you align the motor coupler to the shaft coupler.keep checking you'll find parts & answers.and welcome to CCFAN !
kenny g

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57correctcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-08-2004 at 4:47am
Hey Kenny,
Nice to meet you. I hope to find my missplaced stut, my son is on by butt to get the old girl up and running. I might be getting back to you about the used one. If I was more limber, I would kick myself in the ...    This boat has been fiberglassed on the bottom (about 30 years ago), and some of it started to come off a couple of years ago. I tried to patch it, limited success, finally pulled the engine (283 chevy), rolled it over, and put new glass on her. Now I am getting her ready and am missing, as you well know, a very important part. I will be checking out this forum on a regular basis, even after I get back on the water. Pictures to follow! Thanks for the contacts.
Jim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57correctcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2004 at 2:27am
kenny g,
Thanks for the info. Looking like I might be interested in your used strut. Will that work on my 17'6" '57 Aqua Skier? If you think so, I would like to hear from you. It is a 1" shaft, or so my son says, not sure about the length until after this weekend.
Thanks again,
Jim Harrison    
Jim
kenny g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kenny g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2004 at 11:26am
JIM i don't have a spare strut.i have a good used shaft.1"x41" single taper [prop end]for $100.call me if you need it.859-371-1852.i'm leaving this am for sandusky,be back late on the 20th.
the reason i replaced the shaft,it has very little wear at the packing gland,but it's not bent
kenny g

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57correctcraft Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-15-2004 at 1:20pm
Oops, I missread your original message. I don't need a shaft, I didn't lose that part. I will dig through the shed once more. Have a good trip. Thanks again,
Jim
Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic