Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Louder Exhaust

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
1998Nautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1998Nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Louder Exhaust
    Posted: August-04-2006 at 12:20am
Is it possible to put louder exhaust on a 1999 GT-40.
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 1:23am
You can buy differnt mufflers...or , I would think you might be able to remove the packing...at least you could with older style mufflers.

Now with my older CC's...there are no mufflers...so , if I don't like what someone is saying, I hit the throttle a bit and turn up the volume My wife can't seem to figure out why we always drive so fast!
stang

Face plants are not that funny when it's you face!

The Super Air

Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 10:29am
I'd love to hear a newer Nautique with classic exhaust. You should be able to do it. Good luck.

Ken
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 11:09am
Gary; No mufflers in my '80 either. This past month I had the chance to sit in back while someone else drove. Wow was it loud! You really cannot talk in the back seat. Took a double barefoot run down a narrow creek at Norris with a buddy at 41mph with the noise echoing off the walls. COOL!

john

ps; Loved the pics of the orange boat at GL1 You and Alan were "best in show" for my vote.
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 12:50pm
John... thanks for the vote!

Your barefoot run and the sound of thunder...that had to have some major cool factor!
stang

The Super Air

Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 1:59pm
I don't know if any of you have seen this before, but you can probably guess where I found it...
stang72 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stang72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 4:52pm
Yeah...did see that....pretty mean looking!
stang

The Super Air

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-04-2006 at 10:06pm
Kevin: Never seen it. Where did ya find it?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

ultrahots View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrahots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2006 at 8:46pm
Planet Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2006 at 11:34pm
Thanks Terry. I should have known.

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2006 at 11:43pm
Where's the pylon?
I see your still up jbear.
Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2006 at 11:51pm
Yeah I am. Did ya get my e-mail last nite? I thought you were supposed to be gettin' ready for tomorrow morning!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2006 at 11:55pm
John,
Got the email, thanks. I plan on dropping you a line back. I think I'm about ready for tomorrw, just chillin' with a few of my boat homies, settlin' down.

Chuck
Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 12:03am
I'll be pleased to hear from ya. I bet you are ready for tomorrow. Wish I was gonna hear ya. But we have been gone fronm our own "favorite place of worship" for a month so I can't wait to get back and see everyone. Also have missed our Sunday nite men's group. Gotta get up early as I pull the trailer with all the sound equipment in it to the high school where we meet now. But I too am chillin' and enjoying being on here. Just got home from taking mrs jbear to the new Pirates movie. Great. How is mrs lake coming along?
"Loud pipes save lives"

The Lake View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Lake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 12:14am
Mrs. Lake is doin' awesome. She promises me that by next spring she'll be pulling me through the course; that's of course, if I can keep my knees somewhere between my shin and thigh bones.
We've got a new men's group going on Tuesday, where we can lie about catching fish and what we used to bench press. Just kidding, the group is really a good thing. It's great of you to help out setting everything up on Sunday, people like you are the grease that keep things flowing.

Chuck

Walk on Water
www.coldwater.me

69 Ski Nautique
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2006 at 12:29am
We do some story tellin' as the group begins but then get down to biz. Just finished up "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge. Great.
Thanks for the "props" but I get back out WAY more than I put in.
I am sure that mrs lake is a good driver (Patti is my favorite) but I sure would like to give ya a ride sometime. I bet we work that out someday.
Off to bed by 12:30 for me. School starts Monday so I'll be back on the bus and gettin' up at 4:30am.
Have a great day tomorrow!

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 3:19pm
oes anyone know where to buy aftermarket exhaust for a gt-40 ?
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:07pm
what part, manifolds, mufflers, elbows, hose??????
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:13pm
Mufflers
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:17pm
Or should I say, anything that would help make my 95 gt-40 sound like my former 88 SN2001 ( loud and mean ).
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:21pm
that's a tough one doesn't that have both hoses going into one muffler with a single outlet at the transom?
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:22pm
That is correct
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:25pm
The only thing that I can think of is eliminating the muffler all together with fiberglass elbows and a tee but your not going to get exactly what you want.
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:30pm
Sounds like a custom job for me. I probably shouldn't mess with it. Would it be ok to use PVC fittings, or some other material?
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2006 at 4:30pm
Sorry, you said fiberglass. Got it
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:28am
I've been considering the same for my 96 sport. I think it will need a dual ehaust and outlet to sound right. I've been told there is room to run a second tube around the tiller but havent really laid it out yet. Keep us posted if you do.
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 12:27pm
Hey great78,

I bet you almost cried when you saw your 78 nautique get towed away from your driveway when you sold it. I just went through the same thing with my awesome 88. I was always getting loads of attention at the ramp and on the water. Sounded loud and mean as well. Family pressure for an "open bow" was too much, and I caved in and purchased a 95. It's a great boat, but just does not have the "old school" character my other boat had. I guess that's why I want a better exhaust system on my new boat, so it will sound like my old boat.

Anyway, nice to see someone else from NorCal on this forum. Going to Lake Collins for 4 days tomorrow, then ending up in Woodland at my Uncles house for a birthday party.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
great78 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote great78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 1:05pm
todicus,
you hit the nail on the head. Major old school withdrawals! My 78 always turned heads and got the attention, but I have to tell ya, the 96 sport with the wakeair tower is awesome. I just got back from a couple weeks of camping/ skiing and where a lady ask me "hows it feel to have the most popular boat on the beach?" And I was sitting next to a 99 SN! I do miss the power and trademark rumble though so we will be working on a few things this winter. anyway, gives us a shout if you make it Woodland. 530-383-2270 Don
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2006 at 8:02pm
Don,

I couldn't agree more........... both great boats in their own specific ways. I'll have my '95 in tow when I get to Woodland......... I'd like to check out your new ride. I'll give you a call Saturday afternoon if you are around.

Todd
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Dee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-28-2010 at 10:01pm
I need some help. Changed plugs, wires, rotor and cap and have been upside down and backwards all day my boat turns over but won't fire. GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic