Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
1950satom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1950satom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine
    Posted: September-05-2006 at 8:45pm
I am looking to repower my 14' CC Atom. I have a Ford 302 and trying to decide if I should repower or rebuild. If I can repower I will have a block which will need some work but probably in decent shape for someone who knows what to do. I live in Maine and am looking to see if someone has an engine somewhere in the area for a reasonable cost.
Greg

My Lil Boat
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 11:58am
Why do you want to destroy the boat? Maybe I'm a purist but I feel we should make every attempt to keep or boats as original as possible. I'm a owner of a 54 atom skier that has recieved best of show at ACBS shows.
1950satom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1950satom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-15-2006 at 8:30pm
Guess right now I am not sure what to do. I would a$$ume that the boat being 14' long and from about 1953 that the ford 302 was not the original engine but please tell me if I am wrong. I would think that 200hp + for a 14' boat is overpowered but I could be wrong. I would have thought that it would have had a gray marine engine....but I really don't know. I would really like to find what the original engine was and repower with that but right now I am stuck with what I have. One option is to rebuild which I will most likely do considering other advice I have gotten in another forum.    Do you have any pictures of your boat pbrainard. I would love to be able to see something to follow with style, colors, etc.   Please post some pictures in the diaries.
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-16-2006 at 10:53am
The single planked version of the Atom was offered with 3 engine choices. Correct Craft 60HP {this is the Chris Craft model B with a Correct Craft nameplate} A Gray 4-620 and a Universal HF Unimite four. The double planked Atom had ether a Gray 75HP or the Gray Fireball 90HP. I will try to come up with some pictures. For a engine try the cla$$ifieds at marineengine.com
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-22-2006 at 11:01am
1950satom, Look in the generalsection of the forum under "1957 correct craft (what a gift)". He has the Gray engine you need.

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic