NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Still need tach...

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Still need tach...
    Posted: September-08-2006 at 3:00am
After a long summer of working on my 64 American Skier, one of the few things I still need is a tach.

The original was long gone when I bought the boat. I imagine the original tach was cable driven, as there is a drive on the distributor. I would be glad to use an electric one also, but must be for a 6 banger..

The existing hole in the dash is about 2-3/4" I also want to try and keep it "era correct" if possible..
Anybody know of any around? !!!!!!!!
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 1:54pm
Hey 62!   Do you think you would still be interested in that Aqua Meter tach that we spoke of earlier?
   I'm going out to look at it as well as some other guages today.

Ever find another strut?   Maybe I'll find one of those also.
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 3:47pm
steve e-mail me a picture of the style you need and I'll check at this marine salvage yard here in St.Pete for you.
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 6:00pm
62!    Here's a pic of one. They have two of them.   New Old Stock still in a box! Surface mount.

Aqua Meter Tach
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 6:28pm
Dr,
the tach looks good!
Do you know if it will work with an inline 6? Does it need a sender ? Also what is dia? ... the hole in my dash is 2 3/4"...

Chris,
There was never a tach in the boat, so ,I can only go with something that looks era correct.. like the one the good Dr posted in his pic! ... Look for a strut while "playing" in the boneyards !...you luck dog!!

I'll try to post a pic of mine later,...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-01-2006 at 7:28pm
I'll run past on friday and take a look, Do you have a cell and if so can you recieve pix messages on it? If so I can send you a picture from the bone yard and see what you think and tell you the price they want. Also I believe you are looking to mount it on the steering collum and not cut a hole in the dash right?
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 12:58am
hey Chris,
i cant get pics on my phone And Im having trouble downloading pics of the strut into photobucket tonight...

The tach Im needing will mount in the dash. I already have this cup for my depth sounder on the steering "column"

You can see the "cobbed" tach thru the steering wheel , on the dash ,above the key,in the background ...not lots of extra room for much bigger tach..

if you email me direct at <kten72@yahoo.com> , I can send you a pic of the strut I need directly out of my pics..

Hows the weather down there? supposed to get down to 18 here tonight...
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
62 wood View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 62 wood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-02-2006 at 10:03am
Hey Chris,
I started a new post in "parts wanted" for the strut I need..
It has some pics also ..

try and have a good time...steve
64 American Skier

62 Classic..
73 Ski Nautique
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-03-2006 at 7:15pm
Their was a couple that might work I'll e-mail you some pictures of what I found.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic