Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GT40 takes longer to start when warm

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
Author
wetskier2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wetskier2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2022 at 4:03pm
... still starting a little slower than I think is normal... Finally checked the fuel pressure... Interesting results... 31 psi at first key on. 41 psi at second key on (not running). 35 psi running, but bounces from 31-ish to 39-ish along with a bouncing idle... Pumps, regulator, both??? thanks
Current: 1997 Nautique

Previous: 1987 Nautique

1964 American Skier
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-08-2022 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by wetskier2000 wetskier2000 wrote:

... still starting a little slower than I think is normal... Finally checked the fuel pressure... Interesting results... 31 psi at first key on. 41 psi at second key on (not running). 35 psi running, but bounces from 31-ish to 39-ish along with a bouncing idle... Pumps, regulator, both??? thanks

Shouldn't you be back in your own thread like the one in the link? Wink

It's the one where you fixed your crappy idle.............temporarily I guess.

Just to see what happens, I'd probably remove the vacuum line from the pressure regulator and plug it, then see if you have steady pressure at idle and if it idles smoothly or bounces. It should be steady at 39ish +/- 3 or so with the regulator disconnected

The idle may still fluctuate due to being kinda rich with 39 psi but you'll at least know if the pressure stays steady with no vacuum signal to the regulator.

That may help you be able to decide on pump or regulator replacement or just do both at the same time.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 456
  Share Topic