NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What are these on an 89?

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are these on an 89?
    Posted: September-27-2006 at 8:50pm
Can anyone tell me what these are on the gunnels of an 89.?
AWhite70 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AWhite70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:10pm
Looks to me to be a fold down cup holder. I don't know that they're OEM though. I've seen them other places boats, cars, trucks, etc. I can't say that I've seen them on another Nautique though.
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:14pm
That would be a cup holder.

Open by pulling down the top... insert beer and relax...
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
duffnit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffnit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 9:17pm
Awhiite70 beat me to it....

I don't know if that was standard or not, but my 89 has them too. d
Danny

"no offense- but the rate at which you spread bad information is very impressive"    
79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:23pm
wasn't sure if it was a cup holder or a speaker, didn't think either was a OEM item in that location either
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:36pm
90s had those cupholders as well. BKH
Livin' the Dream

79nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 10:40pm
well there you have it, it must be a late run 89 with the new goodies from the new model year, Cool
bkhallpass View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkhallpass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 11:25pm
Not sure. Just remember my buddy's had those holders. I think they were mounted to the back of the engine hatch, or on the rear seat pedestal. Can't recall. I just remember them being in the way. BKH
Livin' the Dream

scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-27-2006 at 11:53pm
Yea, and they don't work worth a damn.
Scott
Chopper View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 12:43am
Cup holders hey.? Interesting. Can they be removed easily as they do look like they'd get in the way.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 9:14am
Originally posted by bkhallpa$$ bkhallpa$$ wrote:

Not sure. Just remember my buddy's had those holders. I think they were mounted to the back of the engine hatch, or on the rear seat pedestal. Can't recall. I just remember them being in the way. BKH

My '90 has them, as did our '92. Theyre mounted on the base of the back seat on either side, close to the floor. Not sure if that's the stock location on an '89, but I suspect it isnt.

I think the cupholders are screwed in, so they can be easily removed- but will leave behind holes in the fibergla$$.
marks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 1:15pm
My 89 has them too and in that same spot. Both were broken when I bought my boat. I don't really like them, but it was easier to replace them than to patch the holes in the fibergla$$.
Bike Mike View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bike Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 1:33pm
My '89 has them in that exact spot, and I actually like them. They fold up out of the way, and the top spreads out to accomodate different size containers.
I added 2 more to the engine cover right at the floor in the carpeted area on either side of the pylon, just to hold mine and a pa$$enger's, ah, well..you know... beverage.   
   Mike
1989 Ski Nautique
Tiime spent on the water does not count off from your lifetime.
SMay81SN View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMay81SN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-28-2006 at 2:49pm
Our 94 has them on the bottom of the back seats on both sides. But what kills me is there is not cup holder on the driver side just the pa$$enger in the front...
Scott
Our 94 SN
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 8:02am
"B Cup"
todicus View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote todicus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 12:58pm
Great photo 92...... LOL. Same location and same beverage on my 95.
Living outside the wake
95GT-40SNOB
Darrel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 1:06pm
My 95 has the recessed style holder on drivers and pa$$enger sides.
It prefers Miller Lite.
nautique frk View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nautique frk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 1:17pm
It is a cup holder that was an option from factory.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 1:19pm
I just stick my beer in my shoe, seems to hold it up quite well.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 1:40pm
Hollywood,

I thought the cleavage on the Chicky next to you was your beer holder? Oh wait, that must be your hand warmer. You should post some pics!

92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 2:17pm
I'm thinking, "man is it gonna be a long winter". Here it is not even October 1st, the boat's out of the water, the leaves are com'in down like cats and dogs, and the Red Sox didnt make the playoffs. I hope you guys have a lot of material for the next 7 months, or else I'm gonna go nuts. Remember Jack Nicholson in "The Shining"...that'll be me....tap tap tap on the typewriter.

jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-29-2006 at 10:42pm
HW; Quit holding out-pics of your beverage........um...handwarmer, please.

john

PS; Welcome Bike Mike, what kinda bike?
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
Jim_In_Houston View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim_In_Houston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 10:11am
Every CC is required to have a designated cup holder. I'm sure I saw it in the operator's manual. The designated cup holder should be placed up front - right next to the driver. The cup holder must always be alert, ready, and willing. You just never know when you might have to use the cup holder. A long day in the hot summer sun makes a good cup holder an invaluable accessory. A fancy cup holder is not as important as having a cup holder that is easily accessible. The best cup holders can be folded up and put away until needed.
Happy owner of a '66 and a '68 Mustang
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 8:18pm
You wanna see a cup holder that you can position anywhere in the boat? Go to Maddmarxx's last set of pix on the "as the sandbar turns" post.....
jbear View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 9:46pm
J_I_H: NO holders on the '80. so I have the best type of holder, mrs jbear. I do hafta drink them cold ones fast so her hands don't get cold. Cold hands=bad. She's great, she'll get 'em from the cooler, hold 'em and drive the boat. Who needs holes in the fibergla$$?

john
"Loud pipes save lives"

AdamT sez "I'm Canadian and a beaver lover myself"...
convo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote convo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-30-2006 at 11:46pm
I'm amazed that a post about some simple plastic cup holders has gone on this long. It must be the end of summer - for most of us anyways.
92'NIQUE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92'NIQUE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-01-2006 at 11:04am
Wait till you see what we are talking about in the middle of February.
Jtonor1 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtonor1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 12:41am
They are in the same spot in my 89, my first thought was that they were an after market add on but now I am starting to think differently.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 9:42am
A cup holder and a beer holder are 2 different animals. a cup holder holds coffee and who the hell drinks coffee on a boat.....

92 were almost over the hump, I hate this time of the year... we havnt had snow except once to this point so i know were going to have a late cold spring
"the things you own will start to own you"
Hamlin View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hamlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-31-2006 at 10:59am
Who drinks coffee on a boat? Ever been to Seattle? If a Seattlelite was lost in the desert and came upon a oasis, they would just keep crawling unless the oasis had a Starbucks.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic