NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Occasional missing at idle

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
slmskrs View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slmskrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Occasional missing at idle
    Posted: June-24-2020 at 8:14pm
I'm just finishing up the final items (carpet) of restoring my project boat ('97 SN 196). One issue I've had since I first got the engine running (after two years of sitting) is that I get an occasional miss at idle. At the beginning I replaced distributor cap and rotor, high tension lines, plugs, I also ran a ton of injector/fuel system cleaners (several different kinds).

When I put it in gear (both to back out of the dock and idling out to remove slack before pulling up a skier, it will sometimes miss. However, as soon as I give it any throttle it smooths out and runs great. Also, occasionally it won't miss at all.

No clue what it might be but the only thing I haven't replaced are the injectors (that's been my suspicion for a while so thrown lots of injector cleaner in the tank.

Any suggestions on something else to look at? I never did a compression check before getting the boat because the last time the previous owner had it at a mechanic, they did the test and only one cylinder was about 10% lower than the others (my '96 with 1,600hrs had the same thing, but no miss--and engine manual says within range).

So I'm at a loss. Since it runs so well all the rest of the time (and sometimes when idling as well), I'm not horribly concerned. But I want to identify it and fix it.

Thanks in advance,

Gordon
Gordon '97 Ski Nautique, GT40
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic