NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Adding Images to your Posts

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-23-2021 at 6:02pm

If you want to rotate the picture after it's on the site, the directions below from Mpost work.  Wink

He rotated a picture to orient it the right way with Windows Paint.

I followed them and rotated a couple of sideways pictures in other threads to be right side up.

It's a fair amount of extra work 

Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Originally posted by Mpost Mpost wrote:

You can rotate pictures with Paint in windows 10. 
I just saved this picture from above. Opened it with paint and there are resize and rotate options on the left side of the tool bar. Rotate it the direction you want and save it. Smile

I also have tried using windows picture viewer but had bad results. It seemed to rotate on my PC but when upladed it was not the same rotation. Angry

I'll have to give that a try Thanks Marty Wink

Still a lot of work though, take a picture, put it on the computer, post it here and figure out that it rotated, then do what you mentioned.
andrewmarani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2022 at 6:18pm
Just got the persists error out of disc space that was mentioned in a previous post above.  I'm assuming that's a site issue and not something on my end.  Let me know if there is anything I need to do.
Thanks

Builder
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-11-2022 at 6:32pm
You're assuming right and you have to wait until Keith takes care of the issue.

You can upload an old picture ( from your list of previously loaded pictures) and maybe using some picture hosting service you might be able to post a picture.

But..........using the site software for a new picture, you'll have to wait till it's fixed. 
Keith View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Owner / Operator of CorrectCraftFan.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-12-2022 at 7:25am
Hi All,
Just purchased addition disk space. It should be allocated within a few hours.

-Keith
Former:
97 Sport Nautique
1994 Ski Nautique
86 Silver Nautique
79 Mustang
andrewmarani View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andrewmarani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-16-2022 at 10:02am
Still getting the lack of disc space message.  Keith, I've never run a website.  Out of curiosity how much does that disc space cost? If you don't mind posting that kind of information.
Builder
mrhemi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mrhemi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2022 at 10:51am

I too am having difficulty uploading photos. Below is the error I keep getting.

Persits.Upload.1 error '800a0005'

The system cannot find the file specified.

/forum/functions/functions_upload.asp, line 171

You know you are getting to be vintage when someone says "Back in the day..." and you can dispute their facts.

Mr. Mike.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-18-2022 at 6:31pm
I asked this guy to investigate a little and he says it happens every year since the new photo posting method was instituted in 2020.

November of 2020, November of 2021 and December of 2022, so it's a little behind schedule this year...Just look back in this thread Wink

He also knows nothing about website administration etc, so that'll have to come from Keith

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-21-2022 at 7:48am

I checked with this guy and he seems to think that maybe the "Persits.Upload.1 error '800a0005'" will persist until the beginning of the new year.

Just a guess on his part 

Being wrong about that would be a good thing Wink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-06-2023 at 10:16am
Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Hi All,
Just purchased addition disk space. It should be allocated within a few hours.

-Keith

There's something about that statement in the quote above  (from 12/12/22) that just isn't quite right
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-07-2023 at 6:52am
Have sent a couple of mails to Keith with no response?
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2023 at 7:25am
Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Per Ken's request/suggestion, and per Ken's efforts in finding a relatively easy way to post photos, here is a step by step process.

1.  Have photos you want to post in your phone gallery or on your computer.
2.  Open website imgbb.com
(no need to sign in, sign up, or register unless you want to)
3. click or tap on "select images to upload"
4. Go to your gallery or computer and select photo(s)
(Leave autodelete option on "dont delete")
5. click or tap "Upload"
6.  In the "Embed codes" box, scroll to and select  "BBCode full linked"
7. in the box at the bottom of the page where the photo URL shows up,  tap or click "copy"
8. Open your CCF reply and tap and paste or click and paste.
9. Voila, its there. (Note: it wont show up until you view preview or post it)

I suppose 8 steps sounds like a lot, but its mostly quick easy point and clicks (or taps)  Goes quickly and easily.  Give it a try.

Added this here so it is sticky or pinned Smile
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-07-2023 at 7:45am
Originally posted by Mpost Mpost wrote:

Originally posted by 75 Tique 75 Tique wrote:

Per Ken's request/suggestion, and per Ken's efforts in finding a relatively easy way to post photos, here is a step by step process.

1.  Have photos you want to post in your phone gallery or on your computer.
2.  Open website imgbb.com
(no need to sign in, sign up, or register unless you want to)
3. click or tap on "select images to upload"
4. Go to your gallery or computer and select photo(s)
(Leave autodelete option on "dont delete")
5. click or tap "Upload"
6.  In the "Embed codes" box, scroll to and select  "BBCode full linked"
7. in the box at the bottom of the page where the photo URL shows up,  tap or click "copy"
8. Open your CCF reply and tap and paste or click and paste.
9. Voila, its there. (Note: it wont show up until you view preview or post it)

I suppose 8 steps sounds like a lot, but its mostly quick easy point and clicks (or taps)  Goes quickly and easily.  Give it a try.

Added this here so it is sticky or pinned Smile

And added this link to the You Tube video that Larry made so there are written instructions and a video showing how to do it.

Written and video instructions all in one spot Wink

Good idea Marty

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2023 at 4:03pm
Follow steps 1-9 and it actually works!  Thanks for the tips guys.   Hope the future the add photo's program gets back to normal.
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2023 at 4:27pm
It would be helpful is a moderator could delete the whole first page in this thread and all up to Mpost's 2-7-2023 post.  

A newer member could waste a lot of time with the instructions on the first page.

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-14-2023 at 5:32pm

Here's a picture I just posted using the site software.

It was fixed a while back. It's as finicky as it ever was Wink

It's also not as convenient as IMGBB and IMGBB let's you post from a cell phone pretty easily
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2023 at 2:55am
Ken did you have to save that photo to a certain size to get it to post?  I tried the old method of posting first and pics would not load.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2023 at 8:26am
No resizing

It did take more than one try to get it posted without getting an error message. Nothing new, same old issues but it does work.

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-15-2023 at 2:17pm
In my case Sunday I was trying to load 4 or 5 pics, it would grab the first one and then get stuck.  If I tried to load that first one again it would reject it because it had already loaded it once.  I have had this issue before.  I found I had to re name the picture to get the system to look at it again.   The new 9 step solution worked without too much trouble for a rookie non computer expert.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic