NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SJRR 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
Author
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 3:03pm
Gary, I guess that would depend on your and my definition of "sanctioned."  Bill Yeargin knows that we exist and is comfortable with what we do.  Some of the other high-level people in management of Nautique Boats know that we exist but are not interested.  When Bill Y. was President of Nautique Boats, he was more interested in supporting the group.  Now that he is CEO of the Holding Company with some 12 companies under that umbrella, I don't think he has much time to spend on us, and he is obligated to let the other managers handle it.
"Art"
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 3:33pm
Where I was going with this Art is that Mr Foot has not posted any pictures of the event on here. He used this platform to promote said gathering and the rules are "that within 48 hours of the completion of the event pictures must be posted".  I'd hate to see the executive board of CCF get involved with the event possibly loosing it's sanction.  I'm also a little disappointed with a certain Florida resident who always comments where are the pictures,then attends an event and posts no pictures especially since he didn't have to worry about towing and launching his own boat..... 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 4:20pm
I'm sorry, Gary;I misinterpreted your post. I thought you were asking whether C.C. Inc. was sanctioning it.

Somewhere I saw a bunch of photos that Foot took of the "parade" coming back from Lake Dora.  I just looked back at page 4 of Fan and I didn't see them.  Perhaps they were on his Facebook page or maybe the CCFan FB page; I don't remember.  He might have texted them to me and hasn't posted them yet. He was a busy boy all weekend without a lot of help other than his wife Heather and Mike F. who did the cooking.  Many if not all of the "girls" helped set up the dining area. 
"Art"
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

Where I was going with this Art is that Mr Foot has not posted any pictures of the event 

Gary,
You must not be a facebook friend of Tim. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 5:24pm
I'm sorry Pete,I thought SJRR was a CCF gathering. Didn't realize it was a FB event Embarrassed  Wink
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 8:05pm
There are a number of Nautique and CC pages on FB. They are OK if you want to see pictures of boats or projects, but whenever any one asks for technical help, it makes my hair hurt to read the answers.  Although there are some (including some from here) that know what they are talking about, there are so many responses that are totally off the wall and just plain wrong, its painful.  Not sure why so much of the social side of CCF left here and went over to FB, kind of disappointing since facebook, as a rule is pretty painful. That being said, glad everyone had a good time at SJRR and that it is one of the old traditions that has lived on.  As I just mentioned in the HW thread, we've been hanging around here for 17 years.  One, amazing the site is still going, two, still fun and informative, but unfortunately, after all those years, I suppose some change is inevitable, good folks have moved on and some of the old spirit is gone. But still a fun and informative site.  Back when I bothered to care, whenever a tech question was asked over on FB, I always directed people here. Now I just shake my head and move on.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-13-2021 at 10:29pm
Larry—-I couldn’t agree more.  FB is much easier to post pictures so I think that has a certain attraction to many but the info exchanges can be cringe worthy!  
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 4:50am

Where I was going with this Art is that Mr Foot has not posted any pictures of the event on here. He used this platform to promote said gathering and the rules are "that within 48 hours of the completion of the event pictures must be posted"... 

WOW!!! Ouch Ouch Gary.... That hurt! I think I musta missed that part of the by-laws that stated one must post pics 48 hours after an event. Yes some of the pics I took with my phone are posted on my FB page and on the Classic Correct Craft FB page however a couple of those pics were deleted because an attendee has a 'Trump Nautique". Sad thing is the couple pics I originally posted were really good as we were running up river around 30 mph and the water was glass so the reflection was awesome. The administrator of that group deleted the pics because of political affiliation. Censorship at it's best. Angry  

I did take some snaps with my good camera on Saturday but haven't looked at them yet as I've been a bit busy since I got home.  My goal since I've returned home was to finish installing the upper decking on the dock before it gets too hot. We're already hitting 85, and I also wanna get it finished before we start skiing daily and a regatta comes to Lanier. 

I'll make the effort ASAP to post pictures here as well for those who aren't FB'rs. Gail sent me few that she took and I've got a few on the camera. FB does have a slight advantage over CCFan when it comes to posting pics but as mentioned above I'll always come here for technical advise and other things. Too much bad info on FB. 

Thanks to those who made the trip to The Ruckus during a pandemic. We are getting smaller in attendees but the friendships aren't. As always a HUGE thanks to MikeF for being the grill master and supplying ribs to feed an army. They were awesome on Sat and for dinner again on Sunday Night. Wink  The Ocklawaha Run was a blast despite Miss Scarlett popping her ignition breaker twice and leaving me dead in the water for 5 mins until it reset but in true CCFan fashion.... I was surrounded by boats offering assistance if needed. Les Todd made his first trip with us and he had a blast. He said he's never seen that part of Fla ever despite being there for decades and it was a new experience driving a Nautique  that wasn't confined between two buoys. Parramores went above and beyond letting us use the rec hall for dinner on Sat because the thunderstorms rolled in and would have changed our plans to dinning out. They love having us return every year and look forward to the Ski Boat Club taking over the campground. As long as there is continued interest in having this event. I'll continue to plan it. It's always great to see folks and enjoy these classic machines on the water. Thanks everyone for the pats on the back and always making sure there is enough food to feed the entire firggin campground. I was worry about enough food to fed us all as the food list isn't always enormous but after doing this for 11 years I should learn that y'all will provide. Thanks Keith for providing a platform for us to organize this event. Those who have been and continue to attend know what a cool experience it is.... See y'all next year on the St. Johns River!!!!!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 8:48am
I have a few pics but just got back to Nashville last night.  Unfortunately, some of my water camera pic have condensation blocking them but I think I will have some good ones to post.  Let me get the river cleaned off my boat and I will work on getting them posted.  

What a great time!  The people who love these boats and skiing are the best ever.  If you have debated going to one of these events, DO!  Everyone made Juli and I feel so welcome in 2019, and this year just expanded on it.  We made even more new CCfan friends, tying off on the Silver Glenn raft up with two different crews attending the Ruckus for the first time.  And how awesome to get to share your boat with the guy who snaked me out of a north Alabama orange promo!  Just kidding Jbear, Juli would not let me buy that boat.  

I remember my mother driving me to my first ski tournament as an intimidated kid in Shreveport LA. Everyone was so nice and welcoming.  It just made me love this sport, these boats, and this culture.  I believe the boat driver was at the Ruckus and I got to recall that memory with him this past Saturday night. How kool is that!

We all left in some really tough weather.  I am so glad to log on and read that so far we have no reports of anyone having any damage or injuries.  We had an RV a hundred or so yards ahead of us roll over on I75 but luckily all five family members made it out of it OK, including kids. We had a scary couple of hours for sure, but I think it was harder on those of you heading south.  

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 9:41am

here are a few

67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 9:47am
Awesome you all had a great time
That video of 2019 was professional

Sidebar: A ‘Biden nautique ‘ would still be posted on Fakebook
Funny how the so called open minded and inclusive are actually the opposite
Gonna be fun to watch them eat there own in the next decade
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 10:16am
It's pretty

Ok, now getting busy cleaning my boat.  

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 10:34am
Thanks for those Rich,water temps good at this late date? Air temps looked HOT!
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 10:39am

Js
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 11:14am
Above Pic's.

Despite all the challenges in life, we managed to secure a cabin, Bass Beds. "Smith Family Lite"! Debbie had to work, girls busy with School, and Chris was to meet us after work on Friday night. "Ooops" he forgot he promised to cover a shift all da Saturday! Just me and Connor. We had a great time, as always. 
We have been going every year since 2010, and there have been awesome memories shared there. CCF folks are the BEST. If you have never been, trust me, awesome time.
We arrived Friday late, missing the "boatcade" to Mt Dora. Tradition took us to Blackwater inn for dinner, by way of the river and our SN. Connor at the wheel. Great meal and then a beautiful cruise up north of Parramores, Past a very impressive party with a live band (and really good!) at a river front home! I suggested we stop by and crash it? Connor declined.
Saturday morning, weather PERFECT, save for a breeze blowing out of the SW. Heading up to the Silver Glen at 10, others lagging behind..... Just at the entrance to Lake George, "SLOW" speed, Captain Connor put us aground!! Water was as low as I ever saw it, and the entrance to the Glen would have the same issues. With only our pride hurt, we had to get in the water and PUSH for about 50 yards. In to the wind! 
As always Lake George knocked us around and I knew the return trip would be worse.
We followed the parade of boats into the Glen. Crowded.
Too crowded to secure a spot for the 10 boats joining us. They arrived and tied up closer to the entrance. Connor and I joined, sadly leaving our neighbor in the picture above.
Great time socializing with all. Mike Farmer put Art to work repairing a snapped throttle cable. I was going to get in and offer my solid advice with John Berry, but we decided they were doing fine on their own.
Headed back to a wet beating on Lake George and glad when we hit the calmness of the River.
Cleaned the boat and it started to rain. I had it in a covered slip.
The others started to arrive and it seems Art Coziers borrowed boat was broke down!! We found out later that it was the safety switch, and repaired quickly.
Heading over to the incredible cookout, I see a green and grey Nautique with the motor box up, floating freely down the river!? Chris' boat! Yell, no reply, no one on board? Got him and shuttled him to his adrift vessel!! You will have to ask him for the story and video!!
GREAT BBQ!! Thanks Mike Farmer, even brought TO GO boxes!!
Up early in morning to POURING RAIN. Packed up and headed out by 0800.
Thanks to Tim Morfoot and all those that helped. Hopefully we will be a little stronger of a presence next year!
Js
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 11:33am
Great summary of the weekend. I want to hear the story of the adrift unoccupied boat!
"Art"
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-14-2021 at 11:29pm

Was this a sanctioned CCF event?

A few years back, it was a more subdued weekend. We were very close to getting our accreditation, but Morfoot ruined that!
-Adam

1973 Skier
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 9:35am
Love the pic...I mean pics. Anyone know if this site could be upgraded to upload pics from phones. Would make it the best out there. I sent Keith an email but thought I’d see if any of the mods knew anything...bet we could cover some cost. My cost savings from the knowledge on this site are amazing.
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 10:43am
Originally posted by adamt adamt wrote:

Was this a sanctioned CCF event?

A few years back, it was a more subdued weekend. We were very close to getting our accreditation, but Morfoot ruined that!

What are you talking about!!??  Morfoot and Heather (and others) busted their butts and bore a lot of the expenses putting the past several SJRR events together and making them a success. If you don't like the way it is run, don't come.  What organization or sanctioning body "sanctions" or provides "accreditation" events like this?  Our little "club" or "Group" has no affiliation with any other company or sanctioning organization. 
"Art"
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 11:51am

Carnac here is sensing that Art missed a little humor in the posts aboveWink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by samudj01 samudj01 wrote:

Love the pic...I mean pics. Anyone know if this site could be upgraded to upload pics from phones. Would make it the best out there. I sent Keith an email but thought I’d see if any of the mods knew anything...bet we could cover some cost. My cost savings from the knowledge on this site are amazing.

Here's a quote from August 27th, 2020 in the "Adding images to your posts" sticky thread it must be a long research project Wink

Originally posted by Mpost Mpost wrote:

Originally posted by Keith Keith wrote:

Thanks KENO. You are correct. Thank you for posting.

I'm currently researching adding mobile upload to the Forums. 

Thanks,
Keith

That would be great Keith. I prefer using the computer myself but I know there are a lot of people that live by the phone Apps. 
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

"Art"
ArtCozier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtCozier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 4:29pm
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Perhaps I misinterpreted the post; if so, I apologize.   

"Art"
ScottZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScottZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 5:44pm
This thread is full of HUMOR!!
Scott Zuelzke
Lake Mitchell , AL

1984 Ski Nautique       
1972 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 9:24pm

"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2021 at 9:37pm
Seems to me that the Two Grumpy Old Men who are Barking the LOUDEST are two guys who Useta attend but forwhatever reason they are playing armchair QB. Thanks for sticking up for me Art. If those two Clown's don't bother showing up anymore then can just wait on pics. If they wanna see what they missed so bad they just need to drag their Shamrocks and Skiers Back! WinkTongue
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-16-2021 at 12:15pm
Gary, the water in the Glenn was not too bad. Some of us stayed in the water a good bit of time, others found it a little too cold to stay in.  I would estimate mid 60s.  

I wish we were all heading out to run the river again right now.  What a fun gathering this was.

Here are a few more from my phone. 

mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2021 at 8:41am
Originally posted by mmfarmer1 mmfarmer1 wrote:

Another great Ruckus in the books. Always excited about being able to hang out with some wonderful like minded friends. I just wanted to take a minute and thank the great Art Cozier for making what could of been a horrific day on the water, after my throttle cable broke, a safe and drivable boat back to the docks. Without any hesitation, Art took off his famous hat and crawled up under the dash to start problem solving what could be done. After about 2.5 hours, we were able to come up with the solution with the tools and parts on hand. This is the exact reason there is no better boat on the water and the people who own and have been around these boats are second to none!!!!! Thank you again....
Art in action!!!
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2021 at 8:43am
A beautiful morning at Parramore's
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2021 at 8:50am
It sure looks like a great time was had by all. I'd love to make it down there one of these year.

BTW, I sure hope all the pictures makes Gary happy! Big smile

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <1 3456>
  Share Topic