Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gauge reading change

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Moomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gauge reading change
    Posted: June-11-2021 at 1:25pm
1991 Ski Nautique, bought new.  For the last 20 years or so the gauges will change to a different reading when I turn on navigation or anchor lights.  They change instantly by 50 to 75% (don't know exact change). Rarely use lights, and the running of the boat is not affected in any way so I just lived with it.  The Correct Craft machinic I asked, said that problem is not unique to my boat and claimed Correct Craft did not have a solution. I have looked for crossed or touching wires and found none.  That is all I know. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Moomer
Moomer
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2021 at 1:52pm
It is a common problem caused by poor dash wiring.  Daisy chained and crimped wires.  Most of us have installed a bus bar for the grounds and rewired to eliminate the daisy chains.  It is also a good idea to add an additional ground wire from the engine to the dash.

Here is a link to a an old post:
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-11-2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by Moomer Moomer wrote:

The Correct Craft machinic I asked, said that problem is not unique to my boat and claimed Correct Craft did not have a solution.

John,
Welcome to CCfan.  Also, we love pictures. 

Read up on how to solve the problem and then you could also inform that "mechanic" that he needs some education especilly on electrics. 

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Moomer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moomer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2021 at 7:19am
Thanks for the help.
Moomer
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2021 at 7:34am
So Moomer...........

Make sure you tell your mechanic what Pete thinks of him. Wink

He's one of those guys that will bash anybody, not really knowing anything about their background, qualifications etc, just based on one post on the internet especially if the word mechanic is involved.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic