Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

crazy temperature swings

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
BaccoBouncer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crazy temperature swings
    Posted: June-12-2021 at 6:24pm
I just put in a new thermostat and raw water impeller.  It is the correct thermostat from discount inboard marine (I think a 140F).  We were just out and cruising slow, just off idle.  The temp ran up to over 200F and then when I started moving faster it went down to 120F.
Yes I put the key into the impeller shaft. It's a half moon key and I'm pretty sure if it came out when I inserted the impeller I wouldn't be able to put the cover on.

Where to start?
'97 21' Sport Nautique
BaccoBouncer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaccoBouncer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2021 at 6:25pm
Could I have air in the block?  Is there somewhere to bleed the block?
'97 21' Sport Nautique
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-12-2021 at 6:47pm
140 for carbed engines, 160 for fuel injected. You most likely have an air leak somewhere on the intake side of the pump. Check all the hose connections,use a socket to tighten clamps and check the strainer and it's gasket
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic