Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Fenders for Nautique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
RedSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fenders for Nautique
    Posted: August-07-2021 at 4:46pm
How did you mount fenders on your Nautique.  1988, Ski Nautique.  When I pull up for gas, e.g., I want to throw out a couple of fenders, but what do I attach them to on the boat itself?
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 5:25pm

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-07-2021 at 5:56pm
I tried something new for my 85 and it survived the massive Lanier Nautique Regatta raft up.  I got 4 new low freeboard fenders.  They slant at the top.  

For starboard aft tie a loop of rope to the bottom on your drivers seat, then tie off to it.  

For my other 3, I got large nylon washers and tied knots in the dock lines so that they were the appropriate lengths where I could slide the washers between the boat seat bottoms and sides, to hang them over.  

Worked beautifully.  
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 10:18am
As my Ski does not have any cleats, I use the fender "suction cup" thingys.  They work fairly well.  I also use the Taylor Made low freeboard style fenders.  There is a fairly new company called Impact Fenders that have an interesting product line:

https://www.impactfenders.com/product/bendable-boat-fenders/

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
DrCC View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrCC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 12:50pm
Fenders ????
One more item to put on my list
No Dogs in the ski boat.
No fishpoles in the ski boat.
No coolers in the ski boat
No fenders in the ski boat

These 4 items are a great indicator it's time for a pontoon or a sea-ray.

Keep it....from sinkin'
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 12:57pm
I have one on a long-line I just tie it off to the ski pylon. I have a second if needed that I can do the same on the rear tow ring. This on an SN.
RedSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 1:02pm
yep, good idea.  No need to complicate the issue, thanks.

rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 7:06pm
I think you will find on an 88 the lifting eye is too far back and the fender will creep back and not protect your boat.  

Tow pylon will work for the front though.
Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 7:22pm
I just raft up to the guy with the nicest/newest boat, he'll have fenders.....
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
8122pbrainard View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8122pbrainard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by rebel skier rebel skier wrote:

I think you will find on an 88 the lifting eye is too far back and the fender will creep back and not protect your boat.  

Plus 1

54 Atom

77 Tique

64 X55 Dunphy

Keep it original, Pete
<
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-08-2021 at 9:27pm
I have used this with success,mounts fast and protects the boat. I have the rails to easily mount it and the storage space to keep it out of the way. Thinking of getting another for the other side.  

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
RedSmith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2021 at 7:31am
Ha.  Exactly and just experimented. Thanks.
Nautiquehunter View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautiquehunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-09-2021 at 7:55am
I call it the big WeeNee 10' long 20'' diameter the only fender I will use to raft to another boat.

Mooree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mooree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-05-2023 at 10:01pm
I'm a seasoned boater in the Great Lakes region and am on my second boat. I didn't want to have fenders tied to the side of the boat, but if I wanted to prevent small dings when docking, I had no choice. After shopping at the local marina and online, I found a VIVOHOME vinyl-ribbed boat fender. I paid $125 for four fenders with lines, and I am very pleased with this deal. I'd highly recommend them to anyone needing bumpers or fenders.
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-06-2023 at 9:30am

Understand the frustration of coming up with a way to hang those fenders. Never understand why Correct Craft didn’t install cleats on their ski boats. It’s really a necessity to have. I’m going to install hidden cleats on my boat. Bought last winter and will install this coming winter….. I hope. 

A few years ago, our water patrol had those Fat Sacs on the side of their vessel at the lake.

1980SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-10-2023 at 11:34am
I was apprehensive to install cleats on my boat so I looked for an alternative. Not sure how many boats this works for but this is what I came up with. I got these from amazon. They are quick and easy to put on and take off and store easily.

1980 SN Project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic