NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

St.Johns River Ruckus 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-17-2022 at 8:51am
Thanks for the backup Mikey!!!! Adam....good to see you're gonna make it!!!!!
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-18-2022 at 5:16pm

Can't wait. Text me if you find out when you get there that you need tables for Saturday night. I have two portable tables I could bring if necessary.
-Adam

1973 Skier
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2022 at 10:34am
 Okay everyone...I just got off the phone with Parramores to make sure some things have or haven't changed. Mike has already piped up about the Rec Hall closed until further notice. So we'll be eating Sat night in the Pavilion which is on the left as you come into the campground.  If weather allows there are also picnic tables by the river so that too is a possibility. I would HIGHLEY ENCOURAGE you to bring some folding chairs for yourselves and maybe an extra one if you got room for those who forgot or you'll be eating dinner standing up. 

Also Parramores DOES NOT provide bath towels so you will need to bring those if you're planning on taking a shower. They do have coffee pots in the cabins so bring filters and your favorite ground coffee for the mornings cup of Java. 

REMINDER to ALL CAPTAINS..... bring an anchor to help secure the flotilla on raft up days and boat fenders for the same reason. Fridays lunch in Tavarres may or may not have docking facilities available to us so we may be beaching boats in the soft Florida mud. New Docks are in at Wooten Park on Lake Dora and I'd like to do lunch at the Kalua Beach Bar. Saturdays traditional Silver Glen Raft up needs to start early if we want to be able to wade to each others boats instead of swimming like last year if that is the plan.

Still need to add to the list of who's bring what for Sat night.... We're getting closer to this event so chime in what you're bringing to share. 

Morfoot - Dessert
Fossett - Baked Beans
Farmers - BBQ Ribs
Dilkes - TBD
AdamT - Sweet Potato Casserole 
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
chessie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chessie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2022 at 9:18am
Morning
     We r bringing for cookout:
        App.    Meat, cheese, veggie tray 
        Meal.  Baked  Cheese and Mac
       Dessert. Key lime cheesecake (finger crossed)
We will also have our grill and a table.  Just let us know about charcoal, if it’s still needed.
Looking forward to the get together.
Thanks
Debbie
Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2022 at 10:56am
Greetings all.
Mike Farmer checked in with me yesterday, and I thought I would advise our sorrow that we will NOT be in attendance this year. Other than COVID, this is the first year in 12 that the Smith Family will miss.
Six kids off to college and careers, we have sold the big house and are moving into a Country Club rental that we own. Between Tenant departure and close date, we have a 10 day window to pack, paint, clean and move. "Downsizing" as they say. 3000 sft to 1400!  
All this encompasses the River Ruckus dates. We certainly will miss seeing everyone.
Enjoy it and stay safe! Oh, and praying for perfect weather too!
Js
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2022 at 11:04am
Jerry, hate that y'all ain't gonna make it! Always enjoy a cold brew and convo with you as it's always a great time to catch up with you and the Croc Doc! With six kids in college I guess you guys had to sell the house to afford tuition! Wink You'll be missed. If anything changes you'll know where to find us.
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-31-2022 at 8:46am

Still need to add to the list of who's bring what for Sat night.... This ruckus is almost here sochime in what you're bringing to share. 

Morfoot - Dessert
Fossett - Baked Beans
Farmers - BBQ Ribs
AdamT - Sweet Potato Casserole 
 Dilkes -  App.    Meat, cheese, veggie tray 
                     Cheese and Mac
                      Key lime cheesecake (finger crossed)

Still could use plates, napkins and utensils and maybe some other food items. Still have at least 6 attendees no chime in as to what they are gonna contribute...Confused

Looks like weather is gonna be in our favor with no rain in the forecast, and temps in the mid to upper 70's. Wind may be a bit of a factor as its predicted to be 9-11 mph but still early. Skiing and watersports may be limited to the river as Lake George may be a bit choppy.

Hoping to get there around 12-1 on Thursday so we can check out Renegades on the River then some River time then off to Drifters for dinner. Fri is the Ocklawaha River cruise with lunch in Tavarres. Launch time Friday will be decided at Drifters when all attendees are there to make the call.

BRING YOUR CHAIRS, ANCHORS, AND BOAT FENDERS!!!!

bhectus View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhectus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-01-2022 at 9:23am
Hello everyone!   Dug myself out of the grass flats, spent an hour trying to get my password and login credentials back, and finally made it on to say hi and that since CQ texted me last night at 11pm and woke me up from snoring....... Well maybe me and the girls can find a way to meet up with y'all at the Glen on Saturday.  Trying to make it happen, fingers crossed.  Hope everyone has been doing great, it would be super to catch up with everyone.  Miss you all!
'02 Ski Nautique 196 w/ 5.7 Apex bowtie - Sold
'87 Barefoot - sold
'97 Super Sport Nautique - originally custom built for Walt Meloon
'97 Ski Nautique
'83 SN 2001
rosconole View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rosconole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2022 at 12:54am
I thought it was same weekend as antique boat show what the hec! Already committed to airshow. ugh. 
1989 ski nautique ,1991 barefoot nautique, 1993 Mustang Cobra 1998 5.0 Magazine shootout invitee
Gators_80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gators_80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2022 at 8:44pm
Due to high waters on the Suwannee River our water ski show has been cancelled! So we will be there thru Sunday. I have a couple of tables, Solo Cups, Paper Plates and Plastic Wear that I will bring. We were going to make a pulled pork and some banana pudding if that will work.

Should be there Thursday around noon. Looking forward to cruising to Travaris on Friday!
Dino Muggeo
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2022 at 4:25am
Good to hear Dino... Uncle Todd sent me a text msg saying he would take care of the plates, napkins  and plasticware so you can probably leave that at home. Tables might not be a bad idea if it's not too much trouble and definitely bring the Pork and Pudding!

Looking like it's gonna be a wet Thursday and windy all weekend. Lake George isn't gonna a sheet of glass but instead a bit choppy. Better make sure you bring a a waterproof wind breaker. 70's wind and St.Johns river spray can make for a chilly day. Still early so lets hope the weather changes in our favor a little bit.

rebel skier View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rebel skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2022 at 9:43am
Wishing all of you heading to the Ruckus safe travels, safe boating, and loads of fun!  

Wish I was going to be with you.  I have a bad case of FOMO. 

See you all there next year.  No more spring teaching on Thursdays for me.  I have decided fellowship is more important than the extra $$$s  Especially fellowship with people who love these boats and skiing, and cookouts with great food!  Oh yeah, and spending hours working on a throttle cable in the middle of the Glen ;).  

Hotty Toddy lets go skiing!
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2022 at 8:59am
Well....another successful Ruckus is in the books. A great time was had by all despite the abnormal low temps and very high winds. As always....any gathering doesn't go off without an incident or two but in this case it was several. I locked my keys and cellphone in the tow vehicle Fri morning just after I launched. Quinner backed the 28' Carey that Reid brought a little too deep at the launch and the trailer went off the edge of the ramp getting stuck. A couple of guys went swimming early and was able to lift the aluminum trailer high enough to get one of the axles on solid ground so we dodged a bullet there. Throttle cable snapped on another boat able 3/4 of the way there but Farmer jumped right in and  fixed the situation jolly on the spot cause the same thing happened to him the year before. Got to Taverres for lunch and Jbear tried unsuccessfully to punt the curb with his big toe and lost as the curb peeled the top layer of skin off like a banana.  No issues on the way back other than the high winds made the journey across two lakes a bouncy wet ride. Called AAA for assistance and they were they shortly after everyone was back on the trailer and I was back in business. So those who are my FB friends that's why you didn't see any pics along the way.

Saturdays trip to the Silver Glen was short lived as the 29mph gusts in the afternoon drove us outta there as it just wasn't any fun.. Jbear had some engine issues and needed a tow back to Parramores before he came out with Reid.  The trip back across Lake George at 1:30pm was the worst I've ever seen in the 12 years we've been doing the Ruckus.  Even going right behind the 28' Carey plowing the way I still got soaked and took several waves up the bow at 20mph.  Once we all made it back safely we had mechanics class to see what was up with the motor. Found water in the cylinders, a cracked plug but no milkshake in the oil. Impeller was bladeless and after removing it, turning it over several times with all plugs removed.... drying off the plugs and reinstalling....she fired up eventually.  Best we can figure a sudden stop from cruise in the ricer with straight pipes and no flaps allowed water intrusion up the exhaust manifolds. Eddie will be busy and I did get a picture of Jbear wrenching on the motor with tools so there was that milestone this pastweekend. Dinner Sat night was great as always with tons of food, laughs and stories abound of the weekends adventure.

Big thanks to Mike "The Grillmaster " Farmer for his help in making this weekend a success and to all those who contributed food for Saturday night.  Thanks all who made the trip down to Fla for a great time on the water despite the mishaps and the weather. Always a blast and great time with the usual CCFans who attend the Ruckus and some who've not made an appearance in a few years. It's all y'all who make this event an annual thing and as always...... We'll do it again for 2023!!!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2022 at 9:38am
Thanks for the update Tim!  I was beginning to wonder if that internet thingy ma bob was not working down there!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-11-2022 at 10:35am
Originally posted by fanofccfan fanofccfan wrote:

Thanks for the update Tim!  I was beginning to wonder if that internet thingy ma bob was not working down there!

Let's just say cell service ain't that great at Parramores. I did take a few pics with my camera but mainly of the trip down the river on Friday. Once we could fan out and get some pics the water in the lakes was too rough so we just single filed our way to the locks and Dora Canal.  I didn't get home yesterday till about 7pm. Put 1000 miles on the tow vehicle in 4 days. Uncle Todd has many more than that as he drug the Barracuda SS down from NY. Looks, sounds and rides as sweet as you'd think. He got to the "entrance gate" to Lake George on Sat and said Censored that!  Headed south up river.
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2022 at 2:51pm
Bwahaha, just a day in the park up at Big Green .... Sorry the weather was crap. Still sorry I missed the trip... Always next year Foote

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

Smithfamily View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smithfamily Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2022 at 3:29pm
Sorry I missed all the "fun"??
Different kind of fun here, moving from a big house to one half the size. 10# Chop meat in a 5# bag, as the old butcher said.
We missed seeing everyone. Next year.
Js
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2022 at 6:19pm

Thanks for another GREAT Ruckus weekend!!!!!
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-12-2022 at 9:22pm
Thanks for the pictures!  Looks like a great time!
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
adamt View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2022 at 6:17pm

Nice pictures Farmer. Smile  What type of camera were you using?  I like in motion pics but mine are usually blurry.
l was starting to think no one had taken any, and by CCFan standards, no pictures means it didn't happen! Shocked
-Adam

1973 Skier
mmfarmer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mmfarmer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-15-2022 at 8:12pm
Thanks Adam. These are just standard Android phone pics....Galaxy Note 20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic