Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Retrofitting Speedos

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Retrofitting Speedos
    Posted: January-30-2022 at 3:04pm
Has anyone heard of using old Airguides as a housing for new speedos?

Saw a post on FB where someone said they removed the inner mechanism and flush mounted a new GPS.

Mille1sj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mille1sj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 4:04pm
I sent my 1977 Speedo to nauticlaugic to be retrofit with a gps. They removed the internals and replaced them with a gps. Looks original but works perfect.
NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 5:05pm
I'll take a look. Thanks
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-30-2022 at 5:38pm
Here's a link to your original speedometer thread.

The Nauticlogic conversion was mentioned early in the thread, (second post) but you weren't interested.

It's the same thing that was just mentioned.by Mille1sj

NeilMcG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeilMcG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 7:14am
My apologies if I broke forum etiquette by starting a new thread... I have zero experience in this area I did become completely confused after seeing a post from a different site.

I actually did examine the Nauticlaugic option, but was unwilling to do the retrofit because it cost more than the boat is currently worth. I was seeking experience from anyone who's taken another speedo and successfully stuffed it in a hollowed-out airguide.  
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-31-2022 at 7:57am
Originally posted by NeilMcG NeilMcG wrote:

My apologies if I broke forum etiquette by starting a new thread... I have zero experience in this area I did become completely confused after seeing a post from a different site.

I actually did examine the Nauticlaugic option, but was unwilling to do the retrofit because it cost more than the boat is currently worth. I was seeking experience from anyone who's taken another speedo and successfully stuffed it in a hollowed-out airguide.  

I wouldn't worry about etiquette around here Wink

I was just pointing out that you already shot down the Nauticlogic option in the other thread. Can't really blame you for not wanting to spend more than the boat's worth.

Your Airguides can most likely be fixed to stop that "fountain effect" that you have if you don't care if you have GPS or not.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic