Forums
NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1982 2001 Stringers…No turning back now.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Skigeaux View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skigeaux Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1982 2001 Stringers…No turning back now.
    Posted: March-07-2022 at 12:35pm
Hello all,

Hoping I can get some direction as am feeling may have bitten off more then I can chew. Had the soft spots up front and continuously saw wood shavings. Started by ripping up the carpet and seeing the soaked and rotten wood. Stringers almost non existent in some parts. Worried am not going to have any kind of template to work with. Am trying to figure out how to post some pictures. As you can see, used cutting tool on edges in front. Also worried about what I need to do with jagged edges and how I put new floor in, or do those edges need to come out (Do not want to cut through hull. I have read of Coosca? Instead of wood? Where do you get? Is it worth it? Do you use it for the framing beyond the stringers? Are there blue prints to just create a new stringer? Clearly a lot of questions here and any and all direction is much appreciated. Love this 1982 Nautique 2001 and hope to teach the grand kids how to ski on it. Very intimidated at the work ahead and want to do this correct. Thanks in advance. 

Chas.kearney@gmail.com
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-07-2022 at 3:36pm
Welcome to CCF.  This site is an incredible resource for your 1982 SN project.  What you are doing...many people on this site have done.  There are some well-documented threads about stringer / floor / wood replacement on the 2001 hull Ski Nautiques.  Do some searches on Google "CorrectCraftFan.com stringer job" and you will have plenty of reading.  If you get stuck, this is a good place to come for advice.  A stringer job is a labor of love as the cost to pay a 3rd party is likely to be more than the value of the restored boat.  Keep moving forward.  You'll be OK.

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic