Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2001 San Code 87, 96

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
mjstonework122@hotma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjstonework122@hotma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2001 San Code 87, 96
    Posted: July-22-2022 at 1:46pm
I'm just wondering what are the 1st steps to take in resolving this I have fluctuation in the Idle and then a stall. Pulled codes 87,96 code 87 does come up more often.
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2022 at 1:52pm
I would venture to guess the 1st steps would be what engine? Assuming gt40? I would look into idle speed control,might be sticking or need cleaning 
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-22-2022 at 2:24pm
I'd start here,this is the air bypass valve removed, this screen can be removed and cleaned,check the valve to make sure it's not clogged

Here is a pic of the screen removed and a gasket you might need- Oreillys auto parts can get them for sure, others probably as well

69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-24-2022 at 12:27pm
Most places that list Ford OBD1 codes would say those are both related to the fuel pumps losing power, even if you just disconnected the battery.

Google "Ford OBD1 codes" and you'll get lots of reading, that'll probably scramble your mind.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic