NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1994 speedometer calibration

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Tomrupp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomrupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1994 speedometer calibration
    Posted: October-10-2022 at 9:01am
I just learned to calibrate with the bottom dial on each speedometer. I’ve been using gps speedometer in my smartphone since the factory speedometers were slow and out of synch. Most of you already know this move, but I did not. We just pulled and winterized yesterday. I had my gps smartphone app running while taking the last laps of the year. It was one of those, I wonder what this dial does moments. I’m totally willing to share this embarrassing miss on my part (for 6 years) if it helps one CC fan to dial in their speedometers. No obligation to admit if you were also unaware of this feature. Good boating to you with accurate speed.
Tom
94 Ski Nautique Open Bow 351 with Carb
95 Double Decker Aqua Patio with 50hp Honda (3 carbs).
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2022 at 10:35am
Yup.  And before GPS we would drive the boat through a ski course and time it from end to end and adjust the speedo's based on a conversion from seconds to MPH.  I have a floaty key fob somewhere with the conversion chart on it.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
desertskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2022 at 12:45pm
Our boats also have another design feature related to calibrating speedometers.  The windshield sides are not swept back so the driver can hang his hand over the side with a stopwatch and start and stop it as his hand passed the entrance and exit buoys on a ski course.  I remember a Mastercraft promo driver who would maintain the course we skied on in the early nineties was annoyed when Mastercraft made it harder to this by having a swept side windshield design.
92 SN - Owned since 93
99 Pro Air
89 SN - Went to live on a lake in Texas
75 Donzi 16 - Sold in 93
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic