NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Oil weight?

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Oil weight?
    Posted: October-10-2022 at 2:21pm
A friend of mine needs help with getting her boat to and from the dealer each year for winterizing and services.  Since the dealer quoted her $280 for an oil change this year, I told her I would do the oil change it before taking it in for winterization.  I would have done the winterization too, but don't want the liability in this case.  I did the change with rotella 15w40 per the recommendations here and per the oil fill cap sticker, but now I am second guessing myself.    When I had the dealer remove the oil change service  from the ticket at drop off this morning, it said they were planning to use 5w-30 full synthetic.  Dealer is new to Nautique and overfilled the oil by a quart+ last year, among other things, so I am beginning to lack confidence in their services.   Can someone confirm that I am not crazy here?    

2006 SANTE 210  with the Excalibur 330.   
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2022 at 3:04pm
I'd read the link below and then you can smile and say "I got it right" Wink ( Assuming the boat is the 2006 210 with EX 330 in your post)

link

Then print out a copy for the dealer and tell them to read the bottom part pertaining to the older engines like the Ford gt40 and 5.7 and 8.1 liter Chevy engines

So at least as far as the oil goes..............you're not crazy.

Wrong weight and 280 bucks, that's craziness.

JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2022 at 3:41pm
What I found in a manual for the 5.3L and 6.0 called for 5w-30.
I was not able to find an owners manual for that specific motor. However I found this on Planet Natiques site.

I went to PCM's website and submitted the following question:

"I have a 2004 SN 196 with Excaliber 330. OK to use Shell Rotella 15W40 oil? It does not have the "SJ" label on it...
Thanks,
Mike"

The next day I got this response:

"Hello Mike.
That is a excellent oil.

Pleasurecraft Marine Service
and Warranty Department
ms.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
Dreaming View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dreaming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October-10-2022 at 6:26pm
Yes,  @Keno,   all kinds of crazy.    I guess there is a good reason I don't ever take my own boat to the dealer. I'll stick with the Rotella,  seems like a safe bet. 
@JD,   thanks,   I found a similar post here.   Of course there was some Quinner bashing involved, but I figured the facts were pretty accurate

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic