NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ski Nautique Lists to Starboard

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Fl Inboards View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2023 at 10:48am
We carry 75 pounds under the passenger seat of a 2017 -200 CB, only take it out if there are two big persons (200 plus} in the passenger seating. or it goes in the back for tricks.
the last year or so of the slant back as well as the first couple years of the bubble butt. many of our promo as well as factory team boats needed 40 pounds no matter what, stuffed in the cavity under the drivers seat.
Today, go to an event, competition (whatever they want to call it theses day's). one will find lead ballast bags as well as boats with water tanks for level as well as electronic wake enhancing that can be tailored to change the wake configuration at the touch of a button.
the boat up for sale is a great deal and would make a perfect candidate for a 6.0 re-power as well as ZO update and overall refresh..
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

1993 Shamrock "fat" 20. 2008 Nautique 196 5.0
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2023 at 11:11am
Jody, what's a 6.0 re-power cost these days, just ballpark number?  And what's the HP rating of the 6.0 drop in?
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2023 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Gary S Gary S wrote:

My 95's build sheet notes that on it's water test it listed 1/2". Don't remember which way though.

Same mold? 

Bought a year-old '95 with same 1/2" stbd. lean. (at speed)
My then relationship w/ Correct Craft got boat on the water during '97 AWSA certification tests at Folsom Lake, Ca. They confirmed the lean and then added a 'wedge' (slight hook) to the starboard aft hull at transom. Solved.
1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2023 at 9:06am
David,
A new 6.0 non cat bobtail sitting on my floor with all the adapter mounts and electrical adapter plus shipping and tax is near the $13 K range. HP is 409.
i also highly recommend replacing the transmission at the same time. another $2500.
Zero off is $1600.00
getting started on a 94 Sport, total budget $35K includes new engine and transmission, All cables as well as all underwater gear serviced , new gauges including zero off. bottom clean as well as hull detail and complete interior and sea-deck..
I think the boat was a family hand me down, so 0 cost to the owner for the roller..
Hobby Boats can be expensive when the hobbyist is limited on their own skill and expertise.

63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-04-2023 at 12:20pm
Thanks for the info, interesting.  With the price of boats these days a repower makes more sense than ever.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2023 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Fl Inboards Fl Inboards wrote:

David,
A new 6.0 non cat bobtail sitting on my floor with all the adapter mounts and electrical adapter plus shipping and tax is near the $13 K range. HP is 409.
i also highly recommend replacing the transmission at the same time. another $2500.

So what transmission sells for 2500 bucks to go with the new engine ?
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-05-2023 at 9:18am
Keno,
Yea I just called in an order for a new 80 kit. my price significantly higher then the one sitting on my floor ordered about 3 months ago. $700 higher!!
DIM wants $3900.00 retail..
So in three months they have jacked up the price $700, in over a year $1000.00!
One of the big things that have changed is availability of these units.. they are now stocking them.. no more 9-6 week wait.

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2023 at 11:55am
I would have to ask, why are they not rebuilt?   Are parts available these are pretty simple transmissions I don’t understand why they are not rebuilt unless the aluminum case is being destroyed when a bearing fails but even that could be machined for a repair sleeve for reasonable money?
I say this since I am currently rebuilding a GM 6L80 6 speed automatic and all parts are available same day locally for about $1500 and it is far more complicated than the boat transmissions.   
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fl Inboards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-06-2023 at 12:49pm
PCM no longer supports this model and the unit was propriety to PCM. the major failure in these are cracked clutch disk drums or sealing drum rings that walk out of the groove and tear up the groove. replacement drums have not been available for nearly 10 years now or more. they are not really friendly for rebuilding in the best conditions as there are a couple specialized tools for these units. now Clutch disks are unavailable as well as other small items for that unit.
I had and have a number of them (cores) that i pulled down trying to rebuild 1 out of the four i took apart there were not enough good parts to rebuild.... Cracked drums all. bottom line is the only people with replacement parts are far and few in between. also the 40 series is a bit more complicated then the borg 71/72 units as well the newer 80 series resembles the borg in many ways, Having not been into one yet , though i would wager a lot of the parts that go into the 72C may also work in the 80???

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2023 at 1:16pm
Thanks for explaining.  Extra good reason for regular oil changes in the tranny of the 40 series I guess.  Are the failures related to hours used or hard use/abuse?   I hope a new affordable option pops up as there are so many of these boats on the water.
There are a ton of old Malibu and other ski boats out there with the 1:1 tranny’s but it would be a shame to change over from the Nautique power train.   I have a buddy selling his old Malibu today, he has not started it in 5 years but is selling the boat for $1500 with the 351W and tranny still in good shape.    Sounds like just the Powertrain has more value than he is selling for.   His interior is shot and the gel coat is faded but boat and trailer with a good Powertrain for $1500 seems cheap.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

I hope a new affordable option pops up as there are so many of these boats on the water.

I think that if you ask PCM the new "affordable option" is the 80A/80I. Wink

Getting water in the 40 series seems to be the biggest killer

MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-07-2023 at 7:03pm
Would that be from a bad tanny cooler Ken?  Got me thinking about upgrades.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2023 at 8:06am
Bad cooler would be the most likely thing unless you submerge.it Even then, the dipstick or the vent/relief valve would need to leak.

The vent/relief is a check valve and water won't flow into the transmission through there unless it leaks.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2023 at 8:15am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

Carnac here says.................Boat leans right, standup seller not hiding it, priced right.............it'll be gone in no time without a test ride. Wink

Well Carnac is obviously slipping a little since the boat still seems to be available

link to the ad on Craig's List

Maybe since ice out was declared on Winnipesaukee, a test ride will sell it

Bring some weight to balance the boat 
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-08-2023 at 9:00pm
I was very proud of myself. Made a delivery in the area this past Wednesday and I didn't go to see it. Customers sort of frown at you when you show up in a semi. Ask me how I know. Told my wife what I didn't do when I got home. She patted me on the head and said " good boy - good boy " . I've picked up enough stuff from across the country. Seems like a good price though.
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2023 at 12:46am
New owner?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-17-2023 at 6:31am
Carnac tells me the boat showed up on FB marketplace and disappeared shortly after that.

It was there yesterday and gone today
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2023 at 7:05am
And now it’s back up for 15k with no mention of the lean?

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/207828538622590/?mibextid=6ojiHh
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-18-2023 at 7:45am
And the plot thickens, Wink

Same registration numbers NH 0727 BK 

How long will it last this time?
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2023 at 11:11am
I contacted the seller and he confirmed it is the same boat (duh) and confirmed the list/lean when asked. Also said he’d resell at $11k if I were interested (I am not).

So only moderately shady for an unsuspecting buyer.
bwinn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bwinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-19-2023 at 12:31pm
Thanks for the follow up Tim
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2023 at 1:49am
At 11K I think it is a very good buy.   You just don't find those hulls at affordable prices.
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2023 at 7:38am
Boat shows well in the picture - especially uncovered in the rain.

'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-21-2023 at 7:59am
Originally posted by NCH20SKIER NCH20SKIER wrote:

Boat shows well in the picture - especially uncovered in the rain.

That's a New Hampsha' boat wash Wink
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2023 at 1:59pm
Sold again.............wonder what happens next?

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-01-2023 at 6:13am
Check out those registration numbers 

I guess he buffed out the list....or not Wink    It still shows up in the pictures

And the price just keeps going up and up

link to the ad

winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2023 at 5:37am
Seems you can see the list if you look hard enough!
Jim
winniskier View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winniskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-04-2023 at 5:46am
Here is a picture of the boat pulling a skier in NH on 12/31/22.  

Jim
 Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic