NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Boat Cover while Boat is on a lift

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
Author
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2022 at 1:12pm
Very nice looking boat.  I'd go with a full draw string cover.  You should be able to unfold the cover up to the windshield while standing in the boat and push the front of the cover up over the bow and pull it back taught.  As long as there's not a strong head wind...
marksa1458 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marksa1458 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-17-2022 at 12:57pm
My boat sits on an uncovered lift from May to October, where I slip doesn't allow canopies so I need to cover my boat.  Historically, I have used a full cover with a drawstring and it has always been a pain to get the cover on the bow.  Typically I have to do some sort of gymnastics with a miracle throw to get the front part of the cover over the bow and in the correct spot.

My new to me Natique has snaps installed which aren't my favorite.  They are already there and thinking that a cockpit style cover would be easier to manage but concerned that the windshield snaps may not be the best and UV damage to the dash through the windshield.  A full cover might be the better way to go, but thought I would reach out here and see if there are any creative solutions or other ideas.

Post Reply Post Reply Page    <12
  Share Topic