Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Graphics on 80 Natique

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
stevo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Graphics on 80 Natique
    Posted: June-15-2004 at 1:11pm
Does any one know the font or type-style used on the graphics for an 80 model ski nautique? I am having graphics cut and need some idea of the font. Thanks!
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2004 at 12:21pm
I know I responded to this last night, must be one of those time loop things. . . .

Font on the sides of the '78 is a modified "Crillee". Modified by thickening the stroke, increasing the slant, removing the up-turned tails on a few of the letters and re-working the "q".

All of the vinyl graphics folks I talked to wanted a substantial setup fee for the side lettering. They also wanted dozens of 'dead-on' photos all at the same distance from the hull as well as the same angle. That compound curve tends to visually shrink the bow end letters. All this coupled with the fact that these boats were hand-painted and no two are exactly alike is enough to give anyone a headache.

My suggestion would be to either find a really good sign painter/artist that can reproduce what you have or blaze a new trail with some non-traditional lettering.

The stern is another story, fairly straight forward lettering. Several of the guys on this board got together to order vinyl letters for the stern art. Go over to the parts section.
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2004 at 6:17pm
Call Lynn at Letter This Sign Shop She did my 1976 which has the same graphics, so it is already in their computer. The number is 419-729-3000.

Rob Reckley
yellowdog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellowdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-17-2004 at 8:54pm
Rob,

I apologize, I didn't really look all that closely at what you had made. I think I was so hung up in the lines I was being fed by a couple of suppliers that I just wasn't careful. Maybe the gloss was throwing me off too, whatever. What they did sure looks good in a picture, are they in Toledo? I'll be calling Lynn tomorrow.

Don
Caretaker of the wife's '78 Ski Nautique
Tribal150 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tribal150 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-18-2004 at 12:41am
Yes they are in Toledo, less than 5 blocks from were I live, if you are interested in their work Call Lynn and mention me and that you are interested in the smae idea.

Rob Reckley
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic