Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for some advice

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
dskinautique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for some advice
    Posted: January-03-2023 at 4:43pm
I have not been on the site much since restoring and selling an 85. We are looking for something a little bigger and found a 95 sport Nautique. He’s asking 11,700. It has about 700 hours on it and he has new upholstery and is in the process of wet sanding it he has also gone through the trailer. I am looking for any thing specific to look for as drawbacks on this boat and what to look for in a boat this age.      Looking to use it to teach my son to wakeboard not really looking to get into surfing at this point. Any help is appreciated. I tried to upload some pics but couldn’t get it to work. Its on Facebook out of Springfield IL
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2023 at 4:49pm
The best part of a 95 is the stringers won’t every rot out.  There is no wood in the boat.   At 700 hours the boat might be like brand new or worn out depending on prior maintenance.  Is it the Fuel Injected or Carbureted version?   Even at nearly 30 years old they are great boats.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2023 at 4:54pm
Fuel Injected and yes after rebuilding the 85 I am specifically looking for 93 or newer to avoid the stringers. Big smile
He has put all new interior in the boat so it is hard to tell if it has been well cared for over the years or beat on. I am guessing when I go to look at it in person there will be some things that show whether or not its been beat on. is that a decent price in todays boat market?

Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2023 at 6:35pm
Sounds like a real good price. Going to be quite the drive better get good pictures before hand. Problem is how you going to take it for a test drive?  I think you'll still be able to tell how it was taken care of by looking at the engine and bilge.  An interior alone could be easily 5K +
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dskinautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-03-2023 at 7:17pm
He’s sent really great pictures of everything. Don’t mind the drive for the right boat. Not counting on a test drive but hoping the temps allow at least a hook up to the fake lake.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2023 at 1:21am
I bought my 1995 with only 100 hours on it in December of 2014.  Garage kept, absolutely pristine condition.   I was so impressed I bought it without a water test.   First water test I found they had hit a log, bent the prop shaft and strut slightly, enough to give me a good vibration.  They repaired the prop and sold it as is.  Never disclosed the bent shaft.   I would have bought it anyways but you never know what you get.   At 100 hours I figured there was no way it had mechanical issues.   If I knew I could have talked the price down some.
Tomrupp View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomrupp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-04-2023 at 9:10am
Mid ninties after are great value workhorses in my opinion. If course they require regular maintenance and repairs as needed. It sounds like you are comfortable with that from your prior Nautique. Our 94 snob is one of my favorite purchases. I still remember going to pick it up. Great stuff.
Tom
94 Ski Nautique Open Bow 351 with Carb
95 Double Decker Aqua Patio with 50hp Honda (3 carbs).
JD ski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JD ski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-05-2023 at 2:32pm
I have a 1999 Sport/Air Nautique.It is a great family boat. It is a compromise between a Ski Nautique and a modern wake board boat. It skis great, capable of enough wake to wake board, and when the water is rough you can surf without letting go of the rope. With some Phat sacks and people on board you may be able to surf and let go of the rope.

Many times in person hands on you see things that you can not see from pictures. Helped a friend look at a truck a few days ago that looked great in pictures. In person we walked away in under 5 min.
JD ski, slicing, dicing, and shredding since 1981

1999 Air Nautique, GT40 Pro Boss, Trail Rite trailer
1975 Century Resorter
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic