NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The elephant in the room

Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
Author
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The elephant in the room
    Posted: January-10-2023 at 8:11am
It seems like there's this big elephant in the room that nobody wants to talk about, so i guess I'll ask the question Wink

Is picture posting through the site software without using some photo hosting service, ever gonna come back?

It's not the first time this has happened, been known about  and gone unresolved for long stretches of time with people bringing it up on the site, sending e mails etc and nothing happening or at least being communicated

The elephant could have other questions too but this'll do for now
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 9:43am
I hate to say it but the elephant in the room may be larger than just no pictures being uploaded.  Its been eerily quiet on here for a few weeks.  
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 9:46am
I agree Bill / Ken 
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 1:25pm
Here's a picture of that big boy. Wink

Done with IMGBB and still more than a bit of a PIA than it should be dealing with the CCF program/software or whatever to make it show up here.
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 1:35pm
Almost every group that I have been involved with has lost folks during and after Covid.  Covid changed a lot - people consume CC's and info / interactions in different ways now.  This site has been crippled by hackers, is poorly supported by it's users, is a niche "destination site" and we don't have reunions any longer.  Facebook, Instagram and other sites reach more folks and haven't had the limitations that this site has had.

I still love the folks (generally Wink ) on this site and have built lifelong friendships.  Things need to change or it will stay as a less and less visited niche site for nerd CCFans. My $ 0.02.

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 5:48pm

Just honing my IMGBB skills, I'm getting better at this maybe Wink

or maybe just lucky
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 5:55pm

More practice

Made the little elephant into a big one...............I almost know what I'm doing   Wink

But can I remember how I did this tomorrow ?
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 5:58pm
This has been mentioned before, I think some of it is a natural ebb and flow of enthusiasm.  This site had a core group of members, we all know the key names, that posted a ton, skied and boated a ton, went to reunions, became good friends.  While I wasn't very active outside the site I still feel I know people here and enjoy the friendship.  But Keith got this ball rolling 20-ish years ago (I think) and those super-enthusiastic folks who did the organizing and fueled a lot of the conversations are 20 years older now, life changes.  I think they weren't really replaced with a new generation.  Now maybe that's because of some of what Steve said about changing habits.  Personally I think it has less to do with covid and more that younger folks don't spend much time on old fashioned forums.
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 7:23pm
I just sent Keith a donation to help support this site. Perhaps we can all chip-in a few shekels as this site takes cash to stay open.  Have you seen the price of Purina Elephant Chow lately?
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-10-2023 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by Jonny Quest Jonny Quest wrote:

I just sent Keith a donation to help support this site. Perhaps we can all chip-in a few shekels as this site takes cash to stay open.  Have you seen the price of Purina Elephant Chow lately?

Good reminder Rob, I just did the same.
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 1:15am
This is still “the site” to me. Check in daily. KENO certainly carrying the torch, which is much appreciated. I’m surprised Larry hasn’t thrown up my PN post about this place yet…
NCH20SKIER View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NCH20SKIER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 6:50am
HA.  With Larry's retirement he seems to be busier these days or perhaps he is fine tuning the reel to reel time recording machine to share some more film.....
'05 206 Limited
'88 BFN
Air206 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Air206 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 8:30am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

This is still “the site” to me. Check in daily. KENO certainly carrying the torch, which is much appreciated. I’m surprised Larry hasn’t thrown up my PN post about this place yet…
   I immediately thought - Larry the Cat - LOL !
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Hollywood Hollywood wrote:

Good news. Ski Nat back watching action. Drought no water no boating
Yes, having to ask KENO to post pictures for me sucked. And the hack was discouraging.
But there’s not much on PN for me
Happy new year’s
Morfoot View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Morfoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 11:34am
Yeah I think the CC FB group has taken a lot of daily users but I still poke my head in here several times a day to see what is going on. I think a resurgence in CCFan would happen if it were easier to post photos directly to the site instead of using a 3rd party. But even the FB CC group sends questions here as you can follow up much easier on a thread then scrolling back and back to see respones.

Reunions still happen! Well at least one public one and it's been slow going as not a whole lot of movement to the SJRR gathering. The Nautique Regatta is back at Lanier again for 2023 so a few CCFans will head to that and eventually end up at the Morfoot Marina sometime during the weekend.

It is Winter for most of us and the only ones who might be skiing at Lewy and Kapla and Lewy hasn't even had the boat in the water this season. I guess Adam and I are gonna have to head back to Oz to get a boat wet. Last time we did we ended up killing Prince so that's why we haven't been back. Wink
Turning of the Sun has already happened so it won't be long before the My boat won't start threads start showing up.
"Morfoot; He can ski. He can wakeboard.He can cook chicken.He can create his own self-named beverage, & can also apparently fly. A man of many talents."72 Mustang "Kermit",88 SN Miss Scarlett, 99 SN "Sherman"
Hansel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hansel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 1:53pm
Not checking daily, but still lurking as always. And I even managed a move to the Upper Midwest so might be more active in the future, who knows. And oh yeah, the GT40 won't start (that is not a joke).
"The only prudence in fishermen is that designed to set the stage for taking yet another, and perhaps a longer, chance." -Aldo Leopold
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 5:45pm

Well, here's todays photo practice with IMGBB

I think this might look familiar to a new old face here on CCF Wink
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 6:45pm
Wow thanks keno,
had seats reupholstered so maybe I’ll try again to post a pic
nobrainsd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nobrainsd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-11-2023 at 7:45pm
https://youtu.be/HuogqZyVYnY

It is hard for all traditional forums to survive in this instant gratification world. My favorite forum, FOILFORUM.com, is gone. The activity bled out to a subforum on FB. That forum then got flooded by posts from stand up foilers. No hate here. A lot of us ride a stand up foil after wearing ourselves out on the sit down foil. The worst part of that was losing the searchable data base of posts. So much awesome material and it took many years to accumulate. You see basic questions repeatedly asked on FB and most experienced foilers simply skip the whole thing. It is sad to lose that community and the information that was so kindly shared. I pop into CCF everyday. I owe a huge debt of gratitude to all the members whose posts have helped me so thoroughly enjoy my Nautique. 
It is actually rather cool and rainy today in San Diego, but I want to share the video linked above from Dec 24th. My buddy T rockin it in 71 degree sunny temps at San Vicente reservoir here in SoCal. Stay classy out there :)

Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 8:10am
Reunions cinched the great friendships that were made early on in CCF and caused the site to grow.  Not having sponsored reunions for the past 12 years has prevented newer members from meeting each other and developing those same friendships. When it first started, many of us made true friends and even if I don't see them as often as I used to, they'll always be friends.  It was said many years ago that CCF was like a local bar, people come, and people go, and it is more popular at times than others. Hopefully, the forums activity will come back.  I'm not big into FB, and don't understand why it is a more popular venue than CCF, but I find the comments there in regard to knowledge about the brand and rebuilding boats generally not very good, nothing like you can find here.
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 11:11am
On a few other 'niche' forum boards:
early911Sregistry
Boss302.com
Don't personally do FB.
Part of the allure of these small(er) sites is photos. The sharing of photo details is often more helpful and more immediately understood than a thread of a dozen textual posts. 
I would support (however I could) a simpler, more robust photo insertion process.
As so often quoted here "We love photos"....

1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 11:18am
(Group) texting also a game changer IMO
ohio 93 snpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 93 snpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 2:05pm
still visit daily,had to change my profile got hacked last year,most of you know our family,dan,scott ,gene monahan,we all love the older correct crafts,we represent the 70s ,80s,and 90,s
93 sn purple/black
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by MourningWood MourningWood wrote:

On a few other 'niche' forum boards:
early911Sregistry
Boss302.com
Don't personally do FB.
Part of the allure of these small(er) sites is photos. The sharing of photo details is often more helpful and more immediately understood than a thread of a dozen textual posts. 
I would support (however I could) a simpler, more robust photo insertion process.
As so often quoted here "We love photos"....

Agree. Being able to upload photos straight from a phone would be great.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 6:39pm

Today's practice picture using IMGBB..................it 's ol' Cliff Claven himself  Wink
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 6:44pm
SRB
Faceplant View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 6:51pm
 Rarely post but visit daily. I have noticed a significant  difference here lately also. Learn A LOT from the forum.  Just want the gurus to realize that their knowledge really does help a lot of us out here in boating land. Probably a lot more lurkers out here than we realize.
Feels like I am hanging 10 but in reality - probably hanging 6.
burban65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burban65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-12-2023 at 6:54pm
All,
Well its been quite awhile since I have been on the site. Tried to post a picture (empty post above) and no luck.  Looks like some things have not changed (elephant).  Truth be told, I started using FB more about a year or so ago primarily due to FB Marketplace as I like to buy and sell winter and summer "toys" and the venue is very easy to use and has plenty to offer. As stated several times above, I do think age demographics is playing a key factor in the lack of activity in this site.  The wake boat craze over the past few years accompanied by younger generation becoming more captivated by what the latest social media craziness is and where it comes from has definitely played a factor as well.  Enough of my rambling.
Belated Happy New Year to all of you!
For those down south send some warm weather up to NW Indiana........please!
SRB
2001SAN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2001SAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2023 at 1:55am
I post occasionally but read CCF every day. For sure FB has hurt most forums I am on.

D
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing...

2001 Super Air Nautique
1989 Fairline Corniche 31

www.bannrivercruises.co.uk
MI-nick View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MI-nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January-13-2023 at 11:43am
I don't know how I'd keep my boats running without CCFan. Big thanks to all who keep it running!! I don't use and don't want to ever use facepage.
As far as I can tell, I'm not quite sure...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   123 4>
  Share Topic