Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Green Lake WI 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
Author
illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Green Lake WI 2023
    Posted: February-28-2023 at 10:21am
The weekend of July 7-9 has been selected for a Green Lake outing. Nothing formal planned. Head to the shallows and have a few beverages. Probably hit the Goose at least one night for some food. 
Bring on Summer!
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February-28-2023 at 2:18pm
First pictures start making a comeback -then a green lake reunion - feels like 2008 up in here. I’ll have to see if Hattie Sherwood has my spot open.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2023 at 2:48pm
Yes Joe, Its retro week. Its all coming back..

Lakeside Inn has been renovated. Now called Green Lake suites. Green Lake inn has been redone as well. Many new BNB's, shops and even the Little Corporal is completely new serving more than just breakfast. Goose Blind is blowing the place up with a whole new floor plan and upper terrace overlooking the lake will hopefully be done by summer... Of course the campground is still up on the hill...

Come on out, its always a fun weekend..

Moj'

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had:96' SNOB
had:76' Nautique
had 77 Tique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-01-2023 at 7:23pm
   Me and this rig booked site 12 at the campground
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2023 at 9:05am
Nice road trip rig.  I always thought it would be fun to have a 70s hippy van with something like this (the ski photo, not the horse) air brushed on the side.  Of course I never do road trips so I guess that wouldnt be money well spent.

Do we know the back story on that boat?  It's history is not ringing a bell, tho you may have told us before.
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-02-2023 at 6:32pm
Vans got real expensive over the pandemic- starting to come back into reality now but a clean shorty rig like that is very hard on the wallet to get. That pick was from me picking up that boat in late October- it used to be a nice boat after a bunch of work 10 years or so ago - but ended up neglected on relatively cheap on craigslist so I picked it up as an easy towing rig to fill an empty spot on the dock after a thermal mishap last summer

That was ten years ago

This was October
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2023 at 9:10am
Really looks clean Joe.  Engine?

My wife and I were just talking about vans like yours last night.
Riley View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Riley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2023 at 9:11am
Joe, I remember those photos of that boat.  Unbelievable someone would let it go like that.  I hope she comes back.  Cool van
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2023 at 1:46pm
Nice rig Joe.. Boat looks amazing. You gonna sleep in the van at the camp ground?
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2023 at 3:13pm
Boat is currently far from clean - same young couple owned it that did the original restoration with the help of the mooresville crew but they had 4 kids in the last ten years and it was left in Florida with his parents who had never owned a boat before.   The engine is a 273 that stopped running at some point and then the boat was left to set.

italian characters

Was able to get it running, remove most of the scum, and start to work on the moldy interior before it had to be stored for the winter.

Dave - the van is a class b rv with ac, heat, bed, kitchen etc so it is my plan to full on camp it. More luxurious than my usual tent spot down by the water.
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
Gary S View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gary S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-03-2023 at 3:32pm
69 Mustang HM SS
95 Nautique Super Sport
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-06-2023 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by JoeinNY JoeinNY wrote:

Boat is currently far from clean - same young couple owned it that did the original restoration with the help of the mooresville crew but they had 4 kids in the last ten years and it was left in Florida with his parents who had never owned a boat before.   The engine is a 273 that stopped running at some point and then the boat was left to set.

italian characters

Was able to get it running, remove most of the scum, and start to work on the moldy interior before it had to be stored for the winter.

Dave - the van is a class b rv with ac, heat, bed, kitchen etc so it is my plan to full on camp it. More luxurious than my usual tent spot down by the water.

Nice upgrade from the tent Joe. It will feel like the ritz... lol..

05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2023 at 8:25am
We're booked at the Campground.  I don't have anything vintage right now that floats so we'll be slumming it in the 200.  Looking forward to seeing some of the old crowd again.  
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-13-2023 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by 81nautique 81nautique wrote:

We're booked at the Campground.  I don't have anything vintage right now that floats so we'll be slumming it in the 200.  Looking forward to seeing some of the old crowd again.  

Awesome.. Will be great to see you Magic !!
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-17-2023 at 2:08pm
Hmmmm….
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2023 at 8:52am
We are in! Booked a VBRO across the outlet from the campground where my daughters will be camping.

We are looking forward to it! I’ve been reminiscing recently about all the damn good times I’ve had with this crew in the past.

Joe, thanks for the ping. I stepped up so the 427 Marauder better make the trip!!!
JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-18-2023 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by RainDog RainDog wrote:

Joe, thanks for the ping. I stepped up so the 427 Marauder better make the trip!!!

Nice - I’ll plan on it making the trip

Now we just need a Quinner sighting- i tried for a Reidp but they had something planned
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
fjroma View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fjroma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-19-2023 at 10:08am
If you want a Quinner sighting, need to go to Mooresville. Reid now has 3 shadows: Beau, Baxter, and Quinner.
67nautique312 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67nautique312 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May-31-2023 at 7:43am
we'll be there! 

Cant wait to see everyone again!

And cant wait to ride it the new (old) boat Joe!!

Paul,
1963 Classic (handed down to my daughter)
67 Riviera
68 barracuda
1971 Ski Nautique Promo
86 Silver Nautique
1995 Ski Nautique
Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2023 at 9:13am
Getting close campers...... Anyone else on the fence on coming out? There are still hotel rooms, cabins and house rentals available.

There are a couple of new bars and restaurants in town. Murphys is a new Mexican infused place where Thunder Boss was and The Town Square Tap is located in center of town. Little Corporal reopened under new management for breakfast.

When is everyone coming in? We will be up Thursday. Swing by the house if you're in that early. There is no street parking by me anymore. They redid the road, but in curbs and made the road super narrow now. Come by car and we'll make it work.

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

JoeinNY View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeinNY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2023 at 1:18pm
Ill likely be sometime between mid day Thursday and mid day Friday - not likely to know more until next week but looking forward to it
1983 Ski Nautique 2001
1967 Mustang 302 "Decoy"
Holeshot Video
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2023 at 2:45pm
Well I've been so busy the past few years I've kept forgetting to check on the reunion until it's past.  So I'll try to rectify that this year and come out to the Bay Saturday with the SkiTique.  That is as long as I can find the replacement igniter Pertronix sent me so I can get it back running again.  And also we are on the hook to babysit the grandkids when my daughter goes into labor so hopefully that happens in the next few days so I can be free by that weekend.

Will be good to get there again.
mosinee77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mosinee77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 8:03am
Things are probably not going to work out for us this time around. I was really hoping to make it down for a day or two.

Even though we don't know any of you all personally, we were really hoping to get to know some of you all and see some great boats. Fact of the matter is with my sons wedding a couple weeks back, and with some of the drag racing/building the car, we have only had the boat on the water one time all summer. And I have not even started on the 35 trees I need to take down in July/August on the back of my property... yikes...

Really hoping to make it the next time around.... dang the boat is really running great right now too... :)

Tom

Mojo View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mojo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 10:46am
Originally posted by mosinee77 mosinee77 wrote:

Things are probably not going to work out for us this time around. I was really hoping to make it down for a day or two.

Even though we don't know any of you all personally, we were really hoping to get to know some of you all and see some great boats. Fact of the matter is with my sons wedding a couple weeks back, and with some of the drag racing/building the car, we have only had the boat on the water one time all summer. And I have not even started on the 35 trees I need to take down in July/August on the back of my property... yikes...

Really hoping to make it the next time around.... dang the boat is really running great right now too... :)

Tom

Eh, all that stuff can wait. We have some really fine, vintage CC's coming out. Its a not to miss weekend. Come out Sat at the least...

Moj'
05' SV211 TE
73' Martinique
had 77 Tique

illiniball2000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote illiniball2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 1:23pm
Swany and I should be up sometime Friday depending on when we can get away.
Beer is my friend
87 Dominique
Had 67 Starflite
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-28-2023 at 4:19pm
We will probably pull in around Noon Friday. 
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2023 at 12:42am
We won’t arrive until later on Friday, closer to 7:00-ish, depending on when I can break away from the grind.

Let us know where everyone is meeting up Friday night!

Any word of a Quinner, Hollywood or Kurt surprise appearance?
Hollywood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-08-2023 at 12:20am
Was on my radar but not going to happen… :(
RainDog View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RainDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 11:28am
Wow! What a fantastic weekend! It was so good to be back at Green Lake with fellow CCFers and their families. We had spectacular weather and a reasonably calm, warm and not too populated lake (all rarities for this particular body of water).

The highlight was definitely reconnecting with old friends. It was a reminder how good, and essential, first-person socialization is in these post-COVID times.

Also true to CCF reunion history is a thrill ride in what ever overpowered (if that is even a legitimate notion) vessel Joe drops into the water for the event. The legendary 427 Marauder was what you imagine and more! That thing hits damn hard when driven (briefly) in anger, er, I mean, as intended. It literally pushed me backward so hard it pulled the passenger seat screws out! My wife and daughters were all smiles in the back seat (ok, wife was slightly terrified but loved it!). Me, being a Ford fan-boy where a 427 motivated ANYTHING is a bucket list dream, it was extra special. A million thanks, Joe!

Thanks Mojo for putting the welcome mat out. It was a spectacular weekend. Anytime it happens again, I’ll be there with my wife, daughters and the 62 Classic. Wild horses couldn’t keep any of us away…

-Steve (RainDog)
800wildcat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 800wildcat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-10-2023 at 10:37pm
Well, I would suspect the Marauder could take my SkiTique out of the hole with that big block torque, but since Joe said it topped out at 50 it looks like the 350 Chevy in the 'Tique just might take it on top end as I've GPS'd it at 53.

Being a Chevy guy, just had to throw that in for a little Ford/Chevy controversy....  :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page   12>
  Share Topic