Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

98 Ski Nautique Back cover over gas tank

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
skimech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 98 Ski Nautique Back cover over gas tank
    Posted: June-01-2023 at 8:47pm
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if someone here knew what the material is that is at the back of the boat. It is white, very thin, about 1/16" and was covered with carpet. Mine finally cracked up down the center and I am looking to replace.

Regards,

John 
John G.
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2023 at 9:21am
Are you talking about the vertical peice behind the seat back and the front of the tank???
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
skimech View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skimech Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2023 at 10:46pm
Yes, the vertical piece between the seat and gas tank.
John G.
malcolm2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malcolm2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-24-2023 at 12:56pm
If it is UHMW, you could splice it back together.  I have seen several youtube vids where people get wire and bend it in a zig zag pattern and heat it up and push it into the seam of the plastic.  do a bunch of those with some gorilla glue first.  Maybe that would work.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic