Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

1986 SN Bimini

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
SkiNautique4 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkiNautique4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1986 SN Bimini
    Posted: June-02-2023 at 1:35pm
Hey everyone!
It has been a while since I posted anything here, and I plan to make a big post about all the work I have done to this boat. But I need to find a bimini top for it, and I am not sure what size to get. Does anyone have information on this?
Patrick Carlin
pjsmoreno View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pjsmoreno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-02-2023 at 3:17pm

I’m sure you have a color in mind but you will find out they all come in different sizes so you would have to measure width of your boat (port to starboard) and then the length to decide the size you will need. Then you would need to decide the height you would like.  All of this information is available when you decide who to order from.  And that’s where it gets a little time consuming when looking for the best price out there. From the color and brand of fibric you want to how much you want to spend. For me it was the color and then the cost. I think I went with Sunbrella fabric for I was looking for Aquamarine. And I order mine during the off season when prices do come down some.

ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-19-2023 at 4:54pm
I need to get a Bimini also. For those that have gotten units from Covercraft, have you been happy with the quality?
AZ86SKI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AZ86SKI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June-27-2023 at 3:26pm
My 86SN is 77.5" wide at the base mounts (on center) for the bimini top. I hope that helps.
ultrarunner View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ultrarunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July-07-2023 at 3:44pm
Ok, so I got the Bimini put together and mounted. the bungees holding it forward are temporary, although they did seem to work fine up to 25 mph. But I think I'll like go with traditional straps. There was no real good option around having the straps go so far forward, other than to mount a clip receiver onto the window frame (which is never a good idea, or mounting at the base of the windshield frame. Aesthetically, the latter would be better, may provide a bit better stabilization and not that noticeable.

I would have preferred the top to sit a bit more forward, but it's a good trade-off without having had to drill multiple holes in the fiber glass. The OEM boat cover fits over it fine with it in the stowed position.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic