Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ring and Finger

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Andypru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andypru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ring and Finger
    Posted: August-03-2023 at 1:18pm
Hi everyone, I am in the process of putting back to original 72 SN. It had the tall pylon but someone swapped it out unfortunately for an aluminum POS. My buddy makes pylons for Bennington another friend had a tall pylon which he let me borrow to make measurements. Needless to say I am going to have the pylon replicated, but I am in need of the ring and finger. I’m willing to pay and ship. I live in Indiana. Does anyone have one lying around?
67 ski nat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67 ski nat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2023 at 9:59am
Seems bizarre someone would pick this little forum to try and scam the current 22 members
Do they come over from fakebook
Andypru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andypru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2023 at 10:03am
Thank you, I was about to message him. Too bad people think they can do that.
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2023 at 7:01pm
Where are you in Indiana? I’m right over the line in Michigan.
Toeboat

89 BFN w/454 bought new and still love it.
06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
Andypru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andypru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-05-2023 at 8:29pm
Fort Wayne
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 8:26am
There is a group of CC guys in Three Rivers Michigan that might be able to help. You can search the group on the Facebook.
Toeboat

06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
Andypru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andypru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 10:10am
Thank you for the lead. I tried to search correct craft in Three Rivers MI but no luck. Any idea of the group name?
gun-driver View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gun-driver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 10:32am
You’re searching for the holy grail. LOL 

Good luck with your search
Toeboat View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Toeboat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August-06-2023 at 1:18pm
Try searching Fishers Lake Correct Craft Meet.
Toeboat

06 Ski Nautique w/ZR6
72 Promo
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 6:41am
I purchased one on Amazon brand new.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 6:48am

Sorry, it was eBay
63 Skier View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 63 Skier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 11:31am
Well that makes it official, there literally isn't ANYTHING that can't be bought on Amazon.

I'm seriously amazed there are new ring and fingers being sold.
'63 American Skier - '98 Sport Nautique
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 12:40pm
Funny, I searched Amazon and it does not show up?
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by MrMcD MrMcD wrote:

Funny, I searched Amazon and it does not show up?

That's because in teeny tiny easy to miss letters under the picture, (looks like part of the picture} he says "Sorry it was Ebay"

Here's a link

it's a NOS ring and finger from something that will take some work to adapt it to the top of a CC pylon, so all the CC purists will cringe......me, I'd say good find DenDen, post a picture when it's done Wink

There'll be some work involved.

DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 1:32pm

roll number generator

This is what I’m starting with. I will post it when I’m done along with the pictures of the entire boat.
MrMcD View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrMcD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 3:25pm
Well, Good Find, will help complete your build.  Yep, missed that ebay part.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2023 at 3:49pm
Keep watching or contact seller to see if they can get you one
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2023 at 10:32am
Originally posted by KENO KENO wrote:

it's a NOS ring and finger from something that will take some work to adapt it to the top of a CC pylon, so all the CC purists will cringe......

At least we can agree on the cringe part. Not sure why anyone would go out of their way to put an incorrect ring and finger on the pylon- from a functional perspective, a ball topper is a bit easier to live with and fairly inexpensive to make (not sure if they’re still being sold?). Anyone who would care about the originality would likely spot that as an imposter anyways. It gets a number of features wrong relative to the original.
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2023 at 10:58am
https://ibb.co/Hh9Wm43

This is a picture of an original, as far as I know. I think the one I make will look exactly like this, with the exception of being taller. That in itself will give it away as an imposter.
Being taller will help to clear anyone sitting in the backseat while innertubing or whatever.
This boat will not be original anyway. We plan on updating the stripes to a 77 style (less the number ) It will probably not sound or run like a 75, 350 either.
This is all just for the fun of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic