Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Anti Freeze

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Otto Throttle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anti Freeze
    Posted: September-24-2023 at 6:08pm
What type of antifreeze do you people use when winterizing your engine? Are used to use the -75 from Menards, but today I read on the label not recommended for engine use. I want to try to find some thing that is not going to create problems for animals. In other words, I don’t want to have them, licking the Eyth glycol and dying.

Any suggestions would be great!
Otto
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 8:13pm
So.........you've had no problems related to using this stuff for how many years now?

Suggestion...............keep using it and don't worry

Signed "Funny Guy"   Wink
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 10:00pm
“Not recommended for engine use” = as a coolant. It’s fine for winterization.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-24-2023 at 10:32pm
Thank you… getting lost in the mire of splitting hairs! You should see me in long range shooting! Thanks!   Makes perfect sense!!!!
Otto
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2023 at 6:50am
Will this be the shortest "Otto thread" ever Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Otto Throttle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2023 at 7:34am
There is that funny guy again!!!!!
Otto
DayTony View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DayTony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September-25-2023 at 9:05am
Most people when winterizing never run their engine long enough for the Tstat to open and fill the block anyways so i always recommend pulling the drain plugs and draining the block, as well as the manifolds, then all you have to worry about is the mufflers and RW pump. for that just pull the hoses off the back of the RW pump and for the mufflers i just lift the tongue up in the air or park on a hill and drain it before parking for the winter.

I have never used antifreeze in my bfn and winterizing only requires 3 tools
1/4 square drive socket(for block drains)
7mm socket driver (for hose clamps)
9/16 allen and combo wrench (for the manifold plugs)

And some fogging oil or atf whatevers around. 
1988 Barefoot nautique-454
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic