Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

74 Mustang seats wanted

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Texas Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 74 Mustang seats wanted
    Posted: November-07-2023 at 10:46pm
I'm looking for the metal L-shaped braces and/or seats for a 74 Mustang. I am slowly restoring it and only have a few remnants of the originals seats and one L-brace that connects the seat back to the bench.  I'm really looking for any of the braces or seats in that timeframe (74) so i can recreate as close as to the original as possible.  Any help or nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.

I've attached the only brace i have... but not even sure where it goes or fits.
TRBenj View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TRBenj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-08-2023 at 9:48am
Let’s get some more pics of the boat and seats that you have. The bracket pictured was last used in ‘70, and the seats changed several times in the late 60’s and early 70’s.
Texas Mustang View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Mustang Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-09-2023 at 9:46pm
Thanks!  I am not sure about the design changes, but when i got the boat it was in bad shape, with no seats in place.  I am not very knowledgeable about the older boats but have enjoyed working on this one.

Here are the pics i got from the previous owner.  I received a bench and seat back (i believe from the back of boat) but that's it. Any help or guidance would be appreciated.  

Note: the previous owner had posted on this site under diaries, but the pics are no longer available.  He had acquired the boat in Indiana in bad shape and got it back to running, etc.  He got sick and the boat was left outside for a couple years.  I am slowly putting it back together (new floor, new paint, new engine, etc).  I have the seats and upholstry to do and then the dashboard/gauges.

https://www.correctcraftfan.com/diaries/details.asp?ID=917&sort=&pagenum=1 (link to previous owner, my friend, story).
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic