NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hot Water Source for Shower in Closed Cooling

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Jonny Quest View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonny Quest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot Water Source for Shower in Closed Cooling
    Posted: March-04-2024 at 6:10pm
My new-to-me Ski 206 has a closed cooling system -- aka fresh water cooling.  I really want a hot water shower.  Any ideas for a hot water source?  There are self-contained portable units, but I don't like the bulk.

How about tapping into the exhaust manifold cooling water?

How about tapping into the raw water output of the heat exchanger water?

Have you gents seen any other configuration that could work?

JQ
Current
2003 Ski Nautique 206 Limited

Previous
2001 Ski Nautique Open Bow
1994 Ski Nautique Open Bow

Aqua skiing, ergo sum
MourningWood View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MourningWood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-04-2024 at 9:37pm
Well, I didn't get a super close-up, but some years ago a fella had set up a hot-tub. Tub filled w/ Delta water, then heated with a coil of copper tubing carrying hot engine water. Genius.
After his set, he'd hop in. 

1994 Ski Nautique "Riot"
1964 Dunphy X-55 "One 'N Dun"

'I measured twice, cut three times, and it's still too short!"
Wilhelm Hertzog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wilhelm Hertzog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-05-2024 at 3:50pm
I also have a closed cooling system, and have also wondered about plumbing in a shower. Right after the heat exchanger before the exhaust manifolds seem the only viable option to me. Not sure if the water that the shower robs from the exhaust could cause the exhaust hoses to run too hot if you're taking your time showering though.
1982 Ski Nautique PCM351W RR II Velvet Drive 10-17-003 1:1 II PerfectPass Stargazer
Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic