Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

raw water flow and exhaust temp alarm

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Splitrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splitrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: raw water flow and exhaust temp alarm
    Posted: March-13-2024 at 7:54pm
I really appreciate the information provided by this group. My turn to provide some information regarding an enhancement I made that might be of interest to some. A solution for a potential problem.

Sometimes damage can result before the engine reads high temperature. A buddy of mine baked his fiberglass muffler before he noticed any engine temperature spike. So I wanted to be better informed when raw water input/flow was compromised. 

Installed a warning system associated with raw water flow on a 1988 SN - 351W. Sensors & alarm ordered from https://aqualarm.net/

For redundant protection, two types of sensors were configured.

Exhaust manifold temperature sensors (one for each manifold) 

And a raw water intake flow sensor (inline before raw water pump) 

The alarm was mounted in the dash. 

A very straight forward installation and extremely pleased to have first line of notification for a crucial system component. 
1980SN2001 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1980SN2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2024 at 2:13pm
Very cool, and a clean install. I like the idea of know if water is flowing before the engine starts to over heat. Does the exhaust temperature sensor have a probe inside the manifold or is it monitoring the external temperature? Also at what temperature does it go into alarm?
1980 SN Project
Splitrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Splitrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2024 at 7:12pm
installation of the exhaust sensor is external via a large hose clamp which is included - requires sensor contacting exhaust manifold and no internal probe. I believe the trigger temp is 200F (hard set and can't be adjusted) 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic