Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Floor, panel and carpet

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Floor, panel and carpet
    Posted: March-20-2024 at 7:21pm
I am preparing to finish the interior of my 75 Southwind.
It has a removable panel basically from the motor cover back to the gas tank. I am real sure that what I had was not original.
So I am asking what was original?
Was the Carpet put down such that you could pick this up and put it back down without ruining the carpet?
What was the original panel made from? Plywood?
I had a 77 Southwind but don’t recall.
It may seem strange but I have never been in a CC except for the two I owned.
The 77 never gave us any trouble, so we never raised that panel
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-20-2024 at 7:23pm
I’m not sure why this didn’t appear as a new post. So I did a reply.
fanofccfan View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fanofccfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-21-2024 at 8:51am
I never had a Southwind but the plywood piece that goes from engine to gas tank on my older boats were the same thing.  Carpet glued on top and the panel was made to be removable.  
2004 196 LE Ski 1969 Marauder 19 1978 Ski
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-22-2024 at 12:32am
It would be nice to have a close-up picture of how they did that
samudj01 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samudj01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-23-2024 at 1:23pm
That part of the floor was plywood and removable. We didn’t secure it down. The doghouse is heavy and the back is under the seat and under the fiberglass panel in front of the fuel tank.

What are you using as carpet? I would singe the edges and use alum or rubber t trim at the edges. Or wrap the carpet around. The trick will be wrapping it down from the floor.

On both the skier and the tique we used t trim. The tique had none when we first did it and the carpet started looking ratty. Added the trim a few weeks ago

Take a look at new to me skier thread towards bottom of page 9
78 Ski Tique, 72 Skier w/302's, 93 SN w/351 & 17 GS22 w/zr409
Previous - 99 Sport Nautique w/GT40 and 87 Martinique w/351
ohio 93 snpb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohio 93 snpb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2024 at 12:03am
hey denny ,dan over in streetsboro i have a fiberglass floor pan from a older freeport or riviera 68-70 vintage predesesor to your boat,take your measurments and come get it,will need trailer to haul so it wont bend,i cannot pull out of boatport myself bring help call me sunday and yopu can pickup.330-524-6983
93 sn purple/black
DenDen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DenDen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March-24-2024 at 11:51pm
I just saw this post. I would like to call you tomorrow and talk if that’s OK?
I’m gonna try to reach you through the personal section
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic