Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Potential Scammer

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
ciaowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciaowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Potential Scammer
    Posted: April-03-2024 at 12:02pm

Hi there,

Sadly, I’m beginning to get the impression that I’m being scammed by a member on the site. I was contacted the other day by a new member with the handle Kayzee0204 in response to my post seeking seats for the 68 Mustang that I’m currently restoring. They mentioned that I should reach out to another member in the following message:

Hey, have you try asking RKM Racing about the driver and observer seats for the ‘68 Mustang he has to part out? If not i will advise you to ask him because the last time i spoke with him, it's still available and he wants to let it go for a very affordable offer. You can email him for a fast response Green-Flores@outlook.com Have a nice day.” 

When I contacted RKM Racing, they responded that they do not and never did have any seats that they were trying to sell. Although this was kinda fishy, I still reached out via the email they provided, and a couple of days later I received a response stating that the seats were still available and at the reasonable-ish price of $670.

Everything seemed normal, but then things kinda went sideways when I looked up the venmo they sent me and the account didn’t exist. I then looked up the user that reached out in the first place (Kayzee0204), and I saw that they only started their account on 3/26/24 and have zero posts. I also can't find any record of anyone posting these seats for sale on the forum, which is also pretty fishy. 

Disappointing, really… I thought that I finally made a breakthrough in my search for seats.

Alison View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alison Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2024 at 12:26pm
Thank you, ciaowdy. We did not find a member with the nickname Kayzee0204 but we did locate and suspend Kayzee0205 with the same activation date of 3/26/24.
ciaowdy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ciaowdy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-03-2024 at 12:38pm
Sorry, that’s my mistake! Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic