NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Throttle removal

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
75 Tique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 75 Tique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Throttle removal
    Posted: April-28-2024 at 4:21pm
Has anyone removed this style throttle handle?  Give me any guidance on how to remove the handle? Is it as simple as removing the screw in the middle of the shift disengage button?  I am looking to re-vinyl the pad that holds the throttle so will be removing the lever then the entire pad. Hoping removing the handle will allow me to pull off panel. I won't have to mess with the throttle/shift mechanism, will I?

KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-28-2024 at 7:13pm
Yep, take out the screw and the handle and trim piece come off, then you can do what you have to do to remove the panel without doing anything else with the control.

But, while you have the panel off, it might be a good time to check out the barrel connectors on the end of the cables on the throttle and shift arms.

The control itself is a Teleflex Single MV and if you need connectors, it takes 2 of the short ones
Mpost View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2024 at 9:05am
There should also be a set screw in the bottomof the handle where the blue arrow is in the picture below. 
84 SN Sold   98 SN    Lund Pro V   1975 Alumacraft
KENO View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KENO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April-29-2024 at 10:00am
Yep..............should have remembered that set screw, since pretty much all the different shifters have that set screw for the handle
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic