Forums
NautiqueParts.comNautiqueSkins.com - Correct Craft Upholstery and Part
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Intermittent hard starting

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
theairguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theairguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Intermittent hard starting
    Posted: July-04-2024 at 9:00pm
Ok so I bought an 82 SN. It had a automobile carb on it with an electric fuel pump. It ran great and started perfectly. However I knew that it was not safe. I bought a new quick fuel 600 marine carb, new manual fuel pump, new fuel lines, new fuel filter, new fuel pressure regulator. I install all of this and the boat starts up and runs nice on a fake lake. I take it to the lake and it decides to die when in gear idling. I adjusted the idle up a little but it acted up all day. Once started it ran great. I would set for a while like 30 min or more and try to start the boat and it wont start. If I pump the throttle a couple of times it fires up. Sometimes it fires up normally. Every other time you have to pump it. Then sometimes it will idle great in gear, and other times it starts to sputter and it dies. have to pump it again to get it to start. I have verified the sight windows are half full so it has fuel. verified the spark of course. I brought it home hooked it up to the fake lake it started right up perfectly. let it idle for a few minutes, shut it off and it wouldnt start. had to pump it then it runs great. Have adjusted air mixture screws out was at one and a half turns, tried one and three quarter turns makes no difference. This thing never even sputtered with the carb that it had.. What am i missing?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic