NautiqueParts.comCalendar Photo Submission
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

US Soliers. Thank You.

Post Reply Post Reply   
Author
Dallas View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dallas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: US Soliers. Thank You.
    Posted: November-19-2006 at 10:05pm
Just some thoughts as we are in the Holidays when families and friends come together. As you read this there are thousands of US Soldiers around the world who will not be home for the holidays. They are out serving this nation at the highest level. All who serve are volunteers. This should be emphasized, because many took there oath during a time when we are at war, not only knowing the brutality of war but seeing it daily on TV; and still they volunteer. On my last tour, fellow soldiers reenlisted in a combat zone. An amazing gift to our nation, to you, and to our families. When you look at the population of the US and how small the percentage of Americans that serve......So few giving up so much for so many, we can not say thanks enough.

Sorry about rambling on. Please just take a little time out of your day to say a prayer for our national treasure; the soldiers of the United States of America.
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 10:12am

Thank You for all you Guy's and Gal's in the Armed Forces do!

Here is a link for another way to say thank you to the Troops overseas and bring a little bit of Home their way.

Send a Soldier a Card

Waterdog View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Waterdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-20-2006 at 11:03am
Thank you to all the Armed Forces, and let freedom ring!!!
hasbeenskier View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hasbeenskier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 7:06am
I am a Patriot. I admire service men and women.
I believe in PEACE through superior firepower!
hasbeenskier
Nautique2001 View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nautique2001 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 9:29am
On Saturday, I took my Mom and wife to NYC. We stopped by the World Trade Center site. It's a reminder how fortunate we really. I give our troops all the credit in the world for defending our country. Plus, we can't ever forget the brave fire fighters and police officers of NYC that risked their lives to save others. We can't forget all the people who lost their lives on September 11th.

Ken
81nautique View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 81nautique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-21-2006 at 10:17am
Ken, A pictures worth a thousand words but two come to mind

"Never Forget"

We lost a lot of heroes that day and we are still losing them today. No words can express the gratitude I have for our military, emergency personnel, and yes even our leaders because agree or disagree with their decisions I do believe they are trying to do the right thing for all of us.

Five years later, the anger and disbelief that anyone could posess and act on such hatred for another human being is beyond my comprehension.

Life does go on and we have many things to be Thankful for on Thursday don't we.
You can’t change the wind but you can adjust your sails
AbunDiga909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November-30-2006 at 9:43pm
Ken.. those are some shots... did you see the boards along the walkway near the world financial center and the subway station? those are some intense shots...

sorry if this is a dead topic, but just out of curiosity, what do you guys not from the city think about what we're figting for...

I'm not trying to start a political war, just trying to get some real ideas about what people NOT from the are IMMEDIATELY affected think...obviously our ideas will be controversial, so I'm saying right now that what is said is only for educational/informational purposes.. thanks...

-Austin
I Nautique, therefore I am.
eric lavine View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eric lavine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 7:43am
it starts with a O
"the things you own will start to own you"
scott8370 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott8370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 8:05am
Then U
Scott
quinner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quinner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 8:51am
Austin,

Had the terrorists flown a plane into Lambeau Field I don't know a single Bear Fan who still wouldn't be ready to fight! They attacked our country, the "UNITED" States of America, the exact address really should not matter nor should who the CIC is at the time.

AbunDiga909 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AbunDiga909 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-01-2006 at 3:41pm
Quinner, you are right, we are "united" and are all affected... but I do find it a little ironic and strange that people all over the country support this uphill battle, while the majority of the 8.3 MILLION who saw it with their own eyes, are disgusted by the thought that war is benefitial.. (i am not one of either extremists, just so you know)
I Nautique, therefore I am.
Poster112 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poster112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-02-2006 at 9:25am
AbunDiga909,
What is "extremist" about supporting the war or not supporting the war?
One country has to be number one. I think that it should be the United States. Who do you think it should be?
I'd rather have a bottle-in-front-of-me than a frontal-lobotomy.

1985 Ski

1984 SW
87BFN owner View Drop Down
Grand Poobah
Grand Poobah

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 87BFN owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December-04-2006 at 6:42pm
There is only room for one at the top and I say it has to be us.

Support are troops, because if we don't no one else will.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic